Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Windows 11

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Has anyone upgraded yet? First thoughts? Had any issues during the process, or found that your PC doesn't meet the requirements? I do get an error in Windows Update as of this morning "This PC doesn't meet all the system requirements for Windows 11". I think this is just an issue with my UEFI settings though as I heard that can cause an error. Can't imagine my PC won't actually work with Windows 11 though since it's quite new.

Yeah, I don't see myself upgrading to Windows 11 as I didn't like Windows 10 and switched back less than 24 hours after trying it. Good luck on your upgrade, though.

Screw windows, get Ubuntu or another Linux based interface, Windows will hijack your pc, it was always doing 100 things in the background that I never asked for, searching for unlicensed software and whatnot, I'm sure it's only gotten worse in windows 11.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Screw windows, get Ubuntu or another Linux based interface, Windows will hijack your pc, it was always doing 100 things in the background that I never asked for, searching for unlicensed software and whatnot, I'm sure it's only gotten worse in windows 11.

Thinking of doing a dual boot with my current PC actually. I have some software and games that need Windows, but for most day to day use I could use Ubuntu. I have Ubuntu installed on an ancient laptop and it runs quite well. The laptop is from 2006 and I tried using Windows 10 on it, but it ran like a tortoise in a tar pit, but with Ubuntu it is actually quite usable.

I guess they just add bloat and crapware like that so you have to upgrade, not just the OS, but the whole PC.

I had that same thought, lol.
Actually I don't think that's it but it makes you wonder right ?
I'm actually quite computer ignorant but I know we are monitored by AI and our machines are used as communication nodes to pass messages from other devices via. bluetooth etc...
Basically with all the blue tooth and other stuff that talks machine to machine our stuff is regularly hijacked to pass messages and gather data, it's so much worse than most people know, makes me want to move to the middle of Montana sometimes but it's too dam cold.

My laptop ran like a turtle stuck in peanut butter on windows, HD doing God knows what all the time and 100 windows related tings running in the background.

Last edited:
Has anyone upgraded yet? First thoughts? Had any issues during the process, or found that your PC doesn't meet the requirements? I do get an error in Windows Update as of this morning "This PC doesn't meet all the system requirements for Windows 11". I think this is just an issue with my UEFI settings though as I heard that can cause an error. Can't imagine my PC won't actually work with Windows 11 though since it's quite new.
Just upgraded and it went very smoothly. I just had to update my BIOS firmware first to get past the UEFI problem. Everything seems to be functioning correctly. Not sure I like the initial UI settings and new Start Menu but I'm sure it can be customized. The first new feature I see that looks intriguing is the multiple desktop options.

I’m still running Windows 10 but will probably upgrade soon. Pretty neat to get such a huge update! :)

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'd still be on XP if I could. I probably won't upgrade until they make you upgrade

Buert

still using windows 10 and I will update it When getting some trust in windows 11 :geek:
;)

I started having some weird networking issues after a couple days. I had to upgrade my motherboard chipset drivers to the new Windows 11 ones and everything seems to be working well again. Apparently, there are some new structures for drivers with Windows 11 which can cause incompatibility.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I have a high end gaming laptop and can't even upgrade to Win11 even if I wanted to. Doesn't support my processor.

This is a great way to go Win 11 if you do not mind water mark at bottom right stating eval version. . I received new updates via Win update yesterday. My rig Z270 asus Rog Strix I7-7700K ( cpu compatbility is the only blinking issue for having to do it this way) I had to flash the MB to the latest bios though.