Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Win thread

ped

4INemlN.jpg

Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
You might want to think twice before trying to shoot down a drone that's bothering you, it may "fire" back, literally!

BTW - Anyone have an old helium balloon stuck up in the peak of their ceiling that they just can't quite reach. :crackup:

vk2fro

I won yesterday - my new solar controller turned up and its got a setting I didn't count on as a bonus.
gXoSYjY.jpg

So when my lead acid bank carks it, I'll be able to move to lithium batteries. :)

Took a look inside, and its WELL made for a chinese machine.

Do you have any trouble getting it on the grid where you are? There have been people who bought solar panels only to find they couldn't get approved to sell it back to the utility.

vk2fro

This is for an off grid setup - just to run my PC, the home entertainment and the server. Things that are always on, or idling. Like the DSL modem and the server & switch. Should cut my power bills substantially.

I won't be selling power back to the grid, as I believe they should pay me the same amount they charge per kWh.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I saw this today on Imgur, I don't know any details other than what it says in the video. I'll have to check out the company for any more info.

It looks like maybe 405nm or less wavelength by looking at the dot, or rather the 'bar'.

As high tech as it may be, you've got to get a kick out of the bungee cord they're using to hold the cover or whatever it is on to the endof the laser.

Last edited:
I saw this today on Imgur, I don't know any details other than what it says in the video. I'll have to check out the company for any more info.

It looks like maybe 405nm or less wavelength by looking at the dot, or rather the 'bar'.

As high tech as it may be, you've got to get a kick out of the bungee cord they're using to hold the cover or whatever it is on to the endof the laser.

Removed that slash for you so the video should work now.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks joey, it was working for me, but that's probably because I posted it, I forgot all about that damn slash. :D

I've seen these laser cleaners before, but usually they're cleaning rust or similar stuff, this is the first video I've seen of them cleaning dirt, grease, and carbon build up from parts.

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I’ve seen laser cleaners before, in fact it was many years ago. Still cool though. :p
Also they are IR diodes and can be done with regular 808nm arrays. That colour is just what the camera displays.
I’ve done laser cleaning and rust removal in a regular co2 laser cutter many times. You simply just engrave the dirt/rust off. :)

I'm reasonably certain this is a Q-switched YAG with average power on the order of 1kW. 808nm bars are likely involved, but as the pump. The peak power wouldn't be high enough.