Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Willits USS Enterprise Forward Phaser Build

GSS

What's is that model made of? I went on the Willit's sight and for the life of me couldn't figure out their format.
Is it plastic, porcelain or die cast metal? If it's die cast you most likely will need to isolate the laser setup.
You will need 12mm copper module thats made for the 9mm diode and the diode has to be pressed in and like Immo mentioned the initial wires to the diode pins and then to the driver which will most likely be needed to be mounted somewhere else as there's not alot of room.
Can you post a pic of the saucer part and show the area as not to many Star Trek people these days:unsure:
Can't remember if you told me if this prop has any LED's or sounds?

The OP really want's to use this twin beam diode for authentic TOS series reasons. He wants a few seconds of run time only realizes heat is a big issue..
Who knows what these diodes need to be pushed at to make the twin beam profile?

Last edited:

PhaserBoy

Hi GSS, the model is plastic and has an electric connection that plugs into a stand. It does have lights (LED?) Not sure. It plays the theme song to Star Trek TOS when you press a button. The saucer is 16mm high at center. About 45mm center to rear. Tapering to 9mm.1547082345997819.jpg1547082346493193.jpg1547082508173568.jpgScreenshot_20190109-100422.png here is my avatar image I pasted Lifetime17*sp? Twin beam laser image on my model

Reactions: GSS

GSS

Love the avatar, too funny:p:)
Ok at least there are cavity's with led's and wiring to help make things a little easier.