Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Will UPS charge customs fee for novalaser from canada?

Chill dude I was just asking jesus christ.

Whoa..... I'm not Jesus Christ....:tsk:

This is the response of a child....

There was nothing negative or insulting towards you in my response
to your question...
It seems that you are the one that is over-heating for no reason...

The info I posted is so obvious that it is almost impossible to not see
it unless you are making a conscious effort not to..

If you can't take answers to questions you ask... then don't ask
them...:cool:

Jerry

Last edited:

IIRC, this was the guy that kept starting one tread per question then proceeded to "freak out" at me when I mentioned it...

Rswitz - Quit acting like a 10 year old. People are here to help, not to spoonfeed. You could have found out what a laserbee was if you did a simple seach.

As for your original question, since you are in the USA, you may or may not be charged anything. UPS likes to rape us Canadians with a $30 brokerage fees for all incoming parcels.

Last edited:

Rswitz

Digital Blue, what is wrong with starting one thread per question? I had multiple questions, and saw it better to create multiple threads rather than asking a bunch of different questions in the same thread. And as for the laserbee question, what is wrong with asking a simple question to be friendly?

Digital Blue, what is wrong with starting one thread per question? I had multiple questions, and saw it better to create multiple threads rather than asking a bunch of different questions in the same thread. And as for the laserbee question, what is wrong with asking a simple question to be friendly?

What's wrong with one tread containing all your questions? All your questions relate to nova lasers and shipping. One tread named "Few questions about nova lasers and shipping" or similar would suffice. A large number of your questions can be answered by simply reading or using the search button. It was not the question that bothers me, it was your attitude and response to lasersbee.

UPS are criminals.. I had a warranty return not long ago, and certainly not the first time this has happened.. The customer in the US sent the laser back (to Canada) clearly marked as 'return for repair' and UPS (the douchebags) tried to charge me 80$ brokerage!

Even with the original shipping paperwork showing the item was sold from Canada, they still tried for a fee.

I expect it when I buy things, but not on a return. The same scenario has played out with USPS > Canada Post, and they never try crap like this.

UPS also tried a 22$ charge on a 15$ item from ebay. I still dont know where they get the numbers from..

Other times I order from DigiKey (US based) and 4 out of 5 times I pay no tax nor brokerage? Ive even asked them why a 400$ digikey order has no tax, but a 15$ purchase on ebay has charges that are greater than the items cost. Never got an answer on that.

UPS will get you for every cent they can IMO.

An example of their parctices > UPS lawsuit now class action | Business News from The Birmingham News - al.com
I happen to work for a customs broker, and maybe you should really look into what they have to do to get your shipments processed through Canada Customs before they can deliver it to you. Do you work for free? I didn't think so, but you expect Customs brokers to work for you for free.

As far as getting shipments from one particular shipper with no charges, it could be that that one shipper pays all the charges on their end instead of their Canadian customers having to pay them. They are called non-Resident Importers.

This is no different than if you drove across to the US, bought items, and had to claim them on the way back in to Canada. The only difference is that you're not at the border with the items, so someone else has to submit that shipment to Canada Customs.

So, before you go around bad-mouthing a company and calling them "criminals", do your research so you can honestly say that you know what you're talking about.