Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wickeds shiny new Photonic Distributor Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SenKat

wondergimp said:
Pity them if you wish, but they are testing a sample. Steve is nice enough to send them a unit for free to try out. After testing it in their exercises they will determine if it is worth $600. If they feel they need to buy overpriced CRAP to protect their officers, they will. If they feel it is a waste of money, they will not.

And yes sir. I will cool it on telling other people to cool it. No problem sir.

You are learning - that is the first step tpwards free thinking ! Thank you for complying.

T

timelord

me_too_lazy said:
so basically 100mW greenie for $600?
i doubt they'll ship out in spec ones too
If they ship out a laser that works properly I'll be very surprised :eek: And if the Spyder II is anything to go on, then they should do well ;D ;D ;D Only the WL fanboy whores with there love for the emperor would shell out the kind of stupid money :D

Timelord said:
Yep! I just got owned. I got OWNED! That means so much! Woot!

What has happened TL? SenKat? I used to know you guys on the WL forum and respected you guys. Is this what happens when you have power to moderate? You two have lost my respect. If you wish, use your banning abilities, and I will be silenced. I suppose then, I will surely be "owned."

No TL. Why would he pay me? Why do you bring this up, its got no revelance? Or does it? Why would any company pay someone to promote their product on a forum? Perhaps that would explain a lot here...eh?

If you haven't noticed, I've been here for a while. Jogging back to Laser Community? Or CandlePower? Or maybe alt.lasers?

TL, I don't care what goes on behind the scenes of this forum, I really don't WANT to know. And for a Wicked Laser Fan Boy....I suppose you are expressing your free speech that the forum is based on huh? OK. Seeing is how I don't own a single WL, thats a pretty bold statement you made.

I think Steve could care less about fighting. But, shoot, maybe he does I can't tell ya.

But, if you don't mind, may I express my freedom of speech, sir?

EDIT: Where did your post go TL? Hmm...

T

timelord

wondergimp said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1189513704/15#17 date=1189617963]Owned!!
Yep! I just got owned. I got OWNED! That means so much! Woot!

What has happened TL? SenKat? I used to know you guys on the WL forum and respected you guys. Is this what happens when you have power to moderate? You two have lost my respect. If you wish, use your banning abilities, and I will be silenced. I suppose then, I will surely be "owned."[/quote]
You got to understand that we won't be told not to do anything here. We had enough dictation from the LC with all the stupid controlling rules, that is why we allow this forum to be the most free speaking laser forum on the web. If you respecting us or losing respect for us is supposed to mean something well keep dreaming. You've been over hear 5 mins and already your protective streak for your emperor Steve has been exercised. You are entitled to defend your loved one and only idol by all means :D
If on the other hand Steve would come here and defend himself and not use you boys as cannon fodder then we can avoid these exchanges. On Steves forum you have to put up and shut up about any other company/laser to stay in their good books but here you can speak freely of any company/laser all you like.
This place is not for the controlling communist bullshit that your used too on the LC, that's how it is so you can respect us for how we keep our house or not ;) In time you'll realise that this is the place to be rather than worshipping Wicked lasers.....

T

timelord

My post was edited for a minor spelling mistake enjoy your stay here wondergimp ;)

Actually, all things considered I wouldn't be surprised if the lasers worked well. They aren't claiming something they can't do like 125mW, 100mW is within their capacity. The main thing I'd be worried about is whether or not the waterproofing is effective enough (like how the first gen Spyder Is were known to leak).

At $600 though.... Well, I guess its unique and if you need those features, it IS what you need to get. For only 100mW though, I don't picture your average hobbyist getting one. You at least gotta give WL credit for repeatedly innovating the industry... even if they tend to screw it up (IE, the waterproofing, TEC, and now the focusability in a green). Personally, I'd love to test one of these things out.

Wow! Was their a time warp? Because if what you're saying, I've been here for 5 minutes, then today's date is Nov 11th, 2006, 5:00pm. Thats odd. I wonder if I'm going to my parents for Thanksgiving. Mmmm...turkey.

This is pathetic TL. Maybe I'll come around when ya start thinking correctly. But otherwise, I'm gone. Oh wait...that means I won't get paid anymore by Steve. I better stick around.

NO, I'm gone.

T

timelord

wondergimp said:
Wow! Was their a time warp? Because if what you're saying, I've been here for 5 minutes, then today's date is Nov 11th, 2006, 5:00pm. Thats odd. I wonder if I'm going to my parents for Thanksgiving. Mmmm...turkey.

This is pathetic TL. Maybe I'll come around when ya start thinking correctly. But otherwise, I'm gone. Oh wait...that means I won't get paid anymore by Steve. I better stick around.

NO, I'm gone.
Typical Californian attitude always think your shit makes wedding cakes bye bye [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

TL, feel free to be mad at WL, I sure am. Stop taking it out on members this forum could benefit from though. You'll just turn this place as crappy as LC. Perhaps this is a free speaking forum, but you sure make it hard for anyone to speak their mind here.

PS: You act much more like you're on DLs payroll than the average person you accuse of being on WLs. I guess its a free forum and you're free to accuse anyone you want, but I know it sure doesn't make ME think any better of you. I wonder if other members here feel the same way.

wow... k i just wanted to say that its called the photonic disruptor series.. not the photonic distributor. i dont know if you did that on purpose or what.

i personally would definetly not buy it. i take into count more then just power output, divergance and quality. (although i do take those into account). i usually take looks into account a lot. this laser is ugly. compared to a pulsar, which is actually quite nice, or those massively cool ones from NOVA, this laser is quite ugly. and for 600 dollars? no way.

nice argument btw

T

timelord

pseudonomen137 said:
TL, feel free to be mad at WL, I sure am. Stop taking it out on members this forum could benefit from though. You'll just turn this place as crappy as LC. Perhaps this is a free speaking forum, but you sure make it hard for anyone to speak their mind here.

PS: You act much more like you're on DLs payroll than the average person you accuse of being on WLs. I guess its a free forum and you're free to accuse anyone you want, but I know it sure doesn't make ME think any better of you. I wonder if other members here feel the same way.
I don't give a monkeys toss what you think of me because you've never spoke to me unlike Greg and a few others who know where I'm coming from. Maybe I do seem a bit hostile to WL fanboys but lets get it right I did not start this I just finished this silly argument :D (and a damn good fight it was too ;D) If Steve's little boys come here to shout the odds at me then they get what's coming, I can't be any fairer than that Carter, now where your concerned I think your too serious and need to laugh more, for a young man you don't laugh enough at life. You need to get out of your Lab a bit more often mate ;)

LOL. so... what do you guys think of the laser, or do you just like arguing?

i dont mind the arguing actually, its pretty amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.