Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wickeds shiny new Photonic Distributor Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laq

I'm sure you did :D , although it doesn't represent holland that well, its a darn nice city to live, stay, visit or just grab a few beers in a pub ! thats for sure ! Im visiting UK alot as well, because i have family over there, so every year i'm drowning myself in pints of good foamless beers :D you know what i mean ;D

T

timelord

If ever you come to Devon whilst your in England let me know mate and bring your lasers too ;) :cool:

Laq

I will, however my visits usually are in the area of Clacton(on-see) and London.. Your on the completely other side,,. heck of a drive. but i heard about meetings in UK from other forum members,. that way its a nice way to meet many and show off all lasers available and make a massive laser massacre !! :D

S

SenKat

Laq - Merl should be right around the corner form you, then...I know he is somewhere in Holland ATM....and, of course, being from teh USA, AND Texas....EVERYTHING is small over there....LOL Just a 5 minute walk from you ? {Kidding !}

I am jealous - you all seem to be wuite teh well travelled lot - and I have not been out of the US that much - only for the time in Service (Navy) so - DEFINITLY not for pleasure ! I did make it to Norway (Oslo), Bremerhaven (forgive my spelling) Germany, and Gibralter....points further East as well, Karachi (Egypt, I think ?) for fuel, and buying "stuff" the Navy did not know about at that time (hahahahaha !) and Persian Gulf...pre-war Kuwait was incredibly gorgeous to see - rough life, though....All points in the caribbean, and South America...very gorgeous place, that...the whole damned continent is AWESOME !

G !

Laq

Considering holland is a maximum drive of 3 hours from the outmost corners to reach one and another, you are pretty close to a 5 minute walk :D ah well maybe a 1 hour drive, however thats the max.

Do you know if Merl still reads the forums /PM's while hes wandering arround here somewhere ? it would be great to meet him after work or sth. I'll send him a PM to make sure :D

Btw Senkat, You've been in many places as well, too bad it was mainly for army purposes.., otherwise it would have been great to see and experience many country's nice places :)

I've been in US once, Tuscon Arizona,. family as well (dutch can be found all over this globe i guess). had a very nice stay, although spent most of my time arround that area, because it was a 1 week visit. but it gave me a nice impression of America though :cool:

S

SenKat

Laq - I did get to see some wonderfu sights in my travels - but not nearly enough for me ! I guess I am too nosey, I want to see it all ! :) Yeah, Merl prowls the forum even whilst away, so he will see this thread, and your PM I am certain !

Greg

Laq

Yeah i know the feeling !! traveling is my equal hobby next to lasers i guess ! :D too bad they both consume alot of money to satisfy my curiousities on exploring it to the max :D

i'm sure i'll receive a reply soon then, if he's near and i can have some time of from work we will meet !!:) would be awesome :)

Yeah I am around, still checking on the forums, someone has to keep the place inline (;

Laq I am over in Zeewolde atm close to Amersfoort and Utrecht, well about an hr or 2 now as they changed all the bus times the swines.......

Drop us a pm and I will see what I can arrange, mind you I only have the 2 cores on me at this time...

Timelord said:
Laq I see your from Amsterdam I hope your not puffing that whacky backy  :D You may start to waffle mate  ;)

Not starting to get in on this but TL i am in no way challenging you but unless you and him are both joking with each other which i hope you are. That sounds like a pretty serious attack to me. and if it was only you joking with him he took it in a good way. but ove the past couple of months i have seen this forum take a drastic change for the worse. everyone is making attacks and huge argument. I dont wanna leave but its getting to the point where any knowledgable topics about a company turn in to battles between people. If a person likes WL why should you care they can like a company they want to yes you can refer them to a company but please dont attk.

T

timelord

Millionaire read the thread properly please!! And when i need a reality check from a 15 year old child I'll give you a shout mate ;) Me and Laq are fine and If you read the thread then you'll realise that we were pulling each others chain. I'm sorry that you read to much into the situation ::)

im starting to think this is a pretty good deal. 600 bucks for 100mw of light?? well no its 600 bucks for 100mw of WATERPROOF and FOCUSABLE light which unlike any handheld before (that i know of) is pulsed!!! 600 bucks doesnt realy seem a cheap price BUT it is more of a fair price IMO. ;)

as for everything above... your all nuts! ;D

T

timelord

Chief your a die hard Stevie lover and will always like WL ;D I can respect that mate :D

I read it but maybe just not caught on its just getting hard to tell the diff between some joking and some not.

Laq

Don't worry, he might took a harsh turn on me, when i gave him a honest opinion on WL silly picture postings. however as you can see, in the end it all broke down to the fact, we live not that far away from eachother, and he didn't reject my relaxing smoke and beer offer which indicates to me that he is from UK for sure, and he's a fine lad ! :D

(its a know fact, that UK citizen can get tough towards others, and Dutch don't turn away to receiving the attack, and smoothly respond. In the end, it all comes together in a pub. always works that way imo :D.. )

Justin

I just have one point to make here, and I'll keep my personal opinion of the "Disruptor" to myself since I'll likely be seen as a tad biased...

Anyways, the Laserglow Lyra-5 green laser pointer retails for $78, while the focusable Lyra-F5 retails for only $89. For those of you without a calculator, the addition of an adjustable focusing lens only costs $11. The O-rings which are neccessary to "waterproof" a laser tube are about $0.01 if you buy them in bulk. A waterproof switch may cost a couple of bucks. Now, you can buy a 100mW greenie from "another laser company" (haha) for under $230. So, somehow, the addition of less than $20 worth of features is being used to justify almost a $300 markup on this laser. Wow.

If people buy it, it will have been a good business decision on the part of WL, but I can't see too many people willing to shell out that kind of money for what is essentially a $250 laser.

Status
Not open for further replies.