Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WickedLasers...

Easymoney said:
[quote author=HazardDrake link=1202189104/0#0 date=1202189104]They really are a failure of a company.   I had the misfortune of purchasing from them before looking anywhere else.
Something I usually don't do.  But I purchased my first laser from there.  An Evo series 35mW.

A big waste of money.   I had a laser enthusiast friend measure it for me.  He tells me it's performing at 10mW.  Woohoo.

I'm currently trying to get my laser replaced with a true 35mw, a refund, or something better.
I really can't stress enough for people to stay away from this company.
I feel extremely cheated with the way they've practically scammed me.  

Here's my warranty claim post:    

I recently purchased an Evolution 35mW Laser. I've had tests run on my laser, and it performs at 10mW.  I'm fairly certain there must have been a mistake in shipping, because this is completely ridiculous, receiving a 10mW laser when I spent $200 to get a 35mW.  

An Evo35mW series laser, measured at 10mW.   I would prefer it if you supplied me with a laser that actually is what it's rated to be.  At the very least, a 35mW laser. I am still covered under my three month warranty, as I purchased it on Friday, February 1st 2008.
I couldn't agree more . I had a bad experience with this same company . First thing people should realize is that they are based in Shanghai China and if you do business with them you will get shanghaied like I did . I bought a 20mW green laser from them for over $150 plus $20 shipping . I get my laser about 4 days later open it up put in 2 triple a batteries press the button and nothing . I immediately call their customer service and get a guy in California that tells me their company is based in China if I had known this I would never have bought the laser from them to start with . Anyway they wanted me to pay return shipping and to China for their defective laser I ended up having to put aluminum foil in the end cap and finally got it to work . My advice avoid this company at all costs .
[/quote]

what was the aluminium foil for? no conductivity inside the barrel?

Yes their machining standards are not of the highest quality and I don't think there was any contact being made . I used the foil to act as a shim it works . I still would have liked a laser that worked on it's own though . And I wished I had found this forum before I bought a laser from them.

ixfd64

I miss the days before I discovered that Wicked Lasers was a "bad" company. I guess ignorance is bliss, eh? :p

However, I must give Wicked credit for popularizing high-powered portable lasers.