Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WickedLasers...

They really are a failure of a company. I had the misfortune of purchasing from them before looking anywhere else.
Something I usually don't do. But I purchased my first laser from there. An Evo series 35mW.

A big waste of money. I had a laser enthusiast friend measure it for me. He tells me it's performing at 10mW. Woohoo.

I'm currently trying to get my laser replaced with a true 35mw, a refund, or something better.
I really can't stress enough for people to stay away from this company.
I feel extremely cheated with the way they've practically scammed me.

Here's my warranty claim post:

I recently purchased an Evolution 35mW Laser. I've had tests run on my laser, and it performs at 10mW. I'm fairly certain there must have been a mistake in shipping, because this is completely ridiculous, receiving a 10mW laser when I spent $200 to get a 35mW.

An Evo35mW series laser, measured at 10mW. I would prefer it if you supplied me with a laser that actually is what it's rated to be. At the very least, a 35mW laser. I am still covered under my three month warranty, as I purchased it on Friday, February 1st 2008.

Lol, and their response:

Dear Daniel,

Please send your return item to the address below:
Wicked Lasers
Fahuazhen Rd. No. 555, Suite 14C
Shanghai 200052, China

Be sure to include the RMA number and the original Order ID:
RMA: xxxxx
Original Order ID: xxxxxx

Make sure the RMA number is clearly legible inside and outside the package. The cheapest shipping method is the post office, USPS Priority Mail International. Mark the contents of the package as "defective pen" and the value as "$0". Keep your shipping receipt for records.

*upon receiving your returned item, we will reship you a replacement immediately.

Best Regards,

Jessica Chan
Customer Support Team
Wicked Lasers

Daniel Mager
Posted On: 05 Feb 2008 05:59 AM
Is there any way I could be refunded instead, and return my laser?

Jessica Chan
Posted On: 05 Feb 2008 06:01 AM
Dear Daniel,

Please send your return item to the address below:
Wicked Lasers
Fahuazhen Rd. No. 555, Suite 14C
Shanghai 200052, China

Be sure to include the RMA number and the original Order ID:
RMA: xxxxx
Original Order ID: xxxxx

Make sure the RMA number is clearly legible inside and outside the package. The cheapest shipping method is the post office, USPS Priority Mail International. Mark the contents of the package as "defective pen" and the value as "$0". Keep your shipping receipt for records.

*upon receiving your returned item, we will refund your account immediately.

Best Regards,

Jessica Chan
Customer Support Team
Wicked Lasers
555 Fahuazhen Road, Floor 14-15
Shanghai, 200052

/end

Lol, she changed one line. It was probably automated anyway. But meh, I better recieve a refund.

All in all, customer service was better then expected. Slightly surprised there. But we'll see what happens when I should expect to be refunded.

it makes sense that you send the laser back first then they give you the refund
they'll honor the refund, it's just a pain in the ass
should have done your research and avoided the hassle

Yeah, you're right. Was my mistake for not thinking stuff through and doing the research. But hey, **** happens. Now it's just a pain, instead of a hassle.

Razako

Strange. It seems like everyone is either satisfied or greatly disappointed with their wicked lasers.

Kind of like a more expensive DealExtreme.

the only people satisfied with wicked lasers
are those that don't own a laser meter
and are satisfied with any kind of green

hmm doesn't light matches... guess it was too good to be true, but oh well it's a nice green beam and I was just planning to point at stars only anyway.

and that's how WL make their money

Glad I never brought one from them cheers for the info looks like Dragon or Nova will get my cash.....

lol, i bought the same laser and i just sent it back, but yeah, the customer service is very good, and ive heard great things about the core, and my friend bought a 15 mw executive and it was stronger than my 35 mw evo that said max output <60 mw, so idk, im still probably gonna buy a core, kinda sad tho bc the evo looked so awesome, and it seemed pretty powerful, but i was kinda nervous about pay $200 for the laser and not knowing for sure that the output was 35 mw, but the customer service was great and the problem was solved

Dude are you kidding ??  $200 for a 35mW laser !!   Man I thought Ned Kelly was dead !!!  Obviously not :-/ :-/

EDIT: If Wicked was to have a catch cry it should be "Stand and Deliver"

if you're looking for a laser in the 30mw range, the true30mw model from DealExtreme is a great choice, friends and even a teacher of mine have bought them, i've tested 5 of them, only one not meeting the 30mw mark (was only below by 1mW) so I recommend them highly. Even my art teacher's 5mW is doing at least 15mW, it's much brighter than my core which sits just below 5mW.

HazardDrake said:
They really are a failure of a company. I had the misfortune of purchasing from them before looking anywhere else.
Something I usually don't do. But I purchased my first laser from there. An Evo series 35mW.

A big waste of money. I had a laser enthusiast friend measure it for me. He tells me it's performing at 10mW. Woohoo.

I'm currently trying to get my laser replaced with a true 35mw, a refund, or something better.
I really can't stress enough for people to stay away from this company.
I feel extremely cheated with the way they've practically scammed me.

Here's my warranty claim post:

I recently purchased an Evolution 35mW Laser. I've had tests run on my laser, and it performs at 10mW. I'm fairly certain there must have been a mistake in shipping, because this is completely ridiculous, receiving a 10mW laser when I spent $200 to get a 35mW.

An Evo35mW series laser, measured at 10mW. I would prefer it if you supplied me with a laser that actually is what it's rated to be. At the very least, a 35mW laser. I am still covered under my three month warranty, as I purchased it on Friday, February 1st 2008.
I couldn't agree more . I had a bad experience with this same company . First thing people should realize is that they are based in Shanghai China and if you do business with them you will get shanghaied like I did . I bought a 20mW green laser from them for over $150 plus $20 shipping . I get my laser about 4 days later open it up put in 2 triple a batteries press the button and nothing . I immediately call their customer service and get a guy in California that tells me their company is based in China if I had known this I would never have bought the laser from them to start with . Anyway they wanted me to pay return shipping and to China for their defective laser I ended up having to put aluminum foil in the end cap and finally got it to work . My advice avoid this company at all costs .