Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wickedlasers torch battery...

Hey guys so I few years back I ordered a wickedlasers torch and I got two.. so they both worked fine until one stopped working its been about 3 years now so I dont think an RMA is possible but I found out it was the battery because one of the batteries would work with both of them so I got the broken battery and took it apart just to see whats inside they seem to have made 4 18650's in parallel with a chip in the middle I have been searching left and right for a battery replacement for this do you guys know anywhere I could buy one? or something similar to it, have the torch dead there seems wasting it.. thanks!

btw: I took all the 18650's out and one does not work so that was the problem but took it apart too far to put back together..

Last edited:

It would be nice if you introduced yourself
in the Welcome section for new members and
told us a little about your self.

It would also be helpful to the Forum members
if you also included your Global location in your
Member Profile.

Members are more likely to help someone they
know a little about..

Jerry

Encap

Hey guys so I few years back I ordered a wickedlasers torch and I got two.. so they both worked fine until one stopped working its been about 3 years now so I dont think an RMA is possible but I found out it was the battery because one of the batteries would work with both of them so I got the broken battery and took it apart just to see whats inside they seem to have made 4 18650's in parallel with a chip in the middle I have been searching left and right for a battery replacement for this do you guys know anywhere I could buy one? or something similar to it, have the torch dead there seems wasting it.. thanks!

btw: I took all the 18650's out and one does not work so that was the problem but took it apart too far to put back together..

Either replace the one bad battery and figure out how to hold it all together or or contact and buy a new battery from wickedlasers-- they still use a 4 x 18650 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack in the torch--they must sell replacement batteries

Member Profile.

know a little about..

Jerry

Exactly

Last edited:
It is not a great idea to put a known 18650 with three used unknown ones as they won't discharge at the same rate. Seems like your only good option is to purchase a new battery pack. Also, it would be better for you to make an introductory post.

Member Profile.

know a little about..

Jerry

Yeah sorry I didnt do that I had an account before I was just having a hard time signing into the other one so made a new one

Member Profile.

know a little about..

Jerry

Found my old account now

Encap

Yeah sorry I didnt do that I had an account before I was just having a hard time signing into the other one so made a new one

FYI You didn't do a Welcome post back then either.

Having multiple accounts is a ban level offense----you should ask the Moderators to delete the new account

Last edited:
FYI You didn't do a Welcome post back then either.

Having multiple accounts is a ban level offense----you should ask the Moderators to delete the new account

Yeah I was gonna ask someone to delete it

Radim

It is not a great idea to put a known 18650 with three used unknown ones as they won't discharge at the same rate. Seems like your only good option is to purchase a new battery pack. Also, it would be better for you to make an introductory post.

This.^^^^

Or you can build one from new 18650s. Definitely do not mix different types and/or ages of batts.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Welcome back, martinwakeml.
As Radim has suggested, rebuilding the the battery pack with new 18650's would be the best option if you can't get a replacement from Wicked.
BTW, do you have any photos of the batteries/battery pack?

Found my old account now

What was your old UserName :thinking::thinking:

That may be... but your new UserName
means didly squat to me...

Just noticed that you've been here since
2014 with a total of 11 posts...
I thought you just made a new account....:thinking:

Still no Introduction.... and no Global
location in your profile....:thinking:

Jerry

Last edited:
What was your old UserName :thinking::thinking:

That may be... but your new UserName
means didly squat to me...

Just noticed that you've been here since
2014 with a total of 11 posts...
I thought you just made a new account....:thinking:

Still no Introduction.... and no Global
location in your profile....:thinking:

Jerry

I have USA on my bio thats odd

Welcome back, martinwakeml.
As Radim has suggested, rebuilding the the battery pack with new 18650's would be the best option if you can't get a replacement from Wicked.
BTW, do you have any photos of the batteries/battery pack?

Here are some pics the red battery I put next to it was inside the other torch battery x4 https://imgur.com/a/cllSm

it also had a ship at the top a long one that connected to all the 18650's

I also asked wickedlasers for a battery and they said due to customs they are having trouble getting them here but I just think thats all bs so many 18650's come in the USA

Last edited:
That chip is likely a protection chip found in many Li-ion batteries. It protects against over discharge and limits current drain. If you can get four new identical 18650s and use the chip from the old unit, you could build a new one. But, I would buy from liionwholesale.com. They have the best prices on new, high quality batteries. Since you are using the chip out of the old unit, don't buy protected cells.

That chip is likely a protection chip found in many Li-ion batteries. It protects against over discharge and limits current drain. If you can get four new identical 18650s and use the chip from the old unit, you could build a new one. But, I would buy from liionwholesale.com. They have the best prices on new, high quality batteries. Since you are using the chip out of the old unit, don't buy protected cells.

which 4 should I buy? how many Mah?