Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WickedLasers Nano disassembly

Dear LPF community,
I happen to have a dead WL Nano. I would like to disassemble it and build my own laser in its host. However, it proved to be a real pain in the butt. Does anyone have an idea how to take it apart?

Dear LPF community,
I happen to have a dead WL Nano. I would like to disassemble it and build my own laser in its host. However, it proved to be a real pain in the butt. Does anyone have an idea how to take it apart?

If this is the host your talking about it was the eisiest I've ever taken apart it took me about 3min,

The button pops straight off the outside I think it's glued and then you just unscrew the head and push the module out!

Attachments

• 1491510575.7912.jpg
    1491510575.7912.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 176

BobMc

Dear LPF community,

BadboyBilly is correct, unscrew everything you can see ( head, lens cover, tail cap ) pull small oval button off with long nose pliers. Than get a dowel or something similar push from the tail cap, a little push, and everything pops out the top. Have taken many Nano's apart, so simple. :) What diode are you planning to put in it? I've got 4 Nano custom builds. Enjoy

Last edited:
If this is the host your talking about it was the eisiest I've ever taken apart it took me about 3min,

The button pops straight off the outside I think it's glued and then you just unscrew the head and push the module out!

BadboyBilly is correct, unscrew everything you can see ( head, lens cover, tail cap ) pull small oval button off with long nose pliers. Than get a dowel or something similar push from the tail cap, a little push, and everything pops out the top. Have taken many Nano's apart, so simple. :) What diode are you planning to put in it? I've got 4 Nano custom builds. Enjoy

Thank you both for the hint on the button. However, can you please describe in more details how is the lens cover (which I suppose to be the part right under the front cap) unscrewed? It really doesn't seem to be moving.

Don't worry about unscrewing the lens it comes straight out together with the module but there is a small lip that didn't look like it has threads but it does, you need to get a good grip and turn and it will unscrew.

Here it is this small retainer with the two wholes needs to unscrew and module will then slide out of same side!

Attachments

• 1491605084.5626.jpg
    1491605084.5626.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

BobMc

Thank you both for the hint on the button. However, can you please describe in more details how is the lens cover (which I suppose to be the part right under the front cap) unscrewed? It really doesn't seem to be moving.

I won't be home for awhile so I can't send pictures. There are two caps/ tops that unscrew from the top and the tailcap from the bottom. Once those are unscrewed take a dowel or something like it, that long and flat and stick the dowel in from the bottom it give it a sharp wack on the work bench everything should pop out the top. Done it many times . Make sure you remove and save that little oval button their real easy to lose. Best wishes :)

Last edited:

Chadillac

Thanks for the info, sorry for the necropost, but I have a tag-on question to follow up. My WL Nano was purple and it’s really dim. Has anyone here ever changed their nano to a different color?

GSS

Is it a working unit and a not to your liking dim or did it just recently under perform?

Chadillac

It emits a laser that peaks at visible for a split second then goes so dim I have trouble seeing it in the dark. I could put a bet on I broke it but I also have trouble seeing this color at night in a sign on a building. Honestly, I should have got a green one to begin with but I’m here now and I’ve been sitting on this problem until I had the priority and focus to deal with it.