Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WickedLasers improved divergence

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I heard that Wicked Lasers is going to be significantly improving the divergence on their green lasers (i believe the spyder series from what i've heard). I heard the divergence is suppost to be less than 0.6mRad which sounds totally awesome. Looking forward to seeing these new lasers which I'd imagine will be super for burning things.

S

SenKat

HOLY CRAP THAT is awesome ! Okay - who wants to buy me one ? I'll test it and everything, I promise ! ;D

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
im pretty sure its for the new spyder series which are going to be 2000 dollars i heard.

S

SenKat

c0ldshadow said:
im pretty sure its for the new spyder series which are going to be 2000 dollars i heard.

Two thousand - they can keep them - I will NEVER own one ! WOW...

On the other hand - I guess people buy lamborghini's too ! ::)

K

kingzilla

c0ldshadow said:

Arrrgg. $2000! Oh well, I guess I will have to hope I win some future contest... :-/

well it's $2000 for a 200mW laser, but they are only rating them at 200mW, they said there is a possibility of some of them getting up to 300mW, but it will be totally random. so i guess it's kind of a gamble between 200 and 300mW...

personally i think the price is too much, but maybe they will eventually go down if they don't sell any.

http://www.lasercommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=9733&highlight=spyder

that's not a bad review of it.

S

SenKat

I think the pics of it next to all those gems is fairly accurate ! You will NEED to own those gems in order to afford that beastie ! Sure does look sweet, though....probably just sour grapes on my part, right ? ;)

lol except you would need ALL those gems just to pay for half of it!

how do you get them both in the same pic!?!? :eek:

lol

c0ldshadow said:
I heard that Wicked Lasers is going to be significantly improving the divergence on their green lasers (i believe the spyder series from what i've heard). I heard the divergence is suppost to be less than 0.6mRad which sounds totally awesome. Looking forward to seeing these new lasers which I'd imagine will be super for burning things.

wow.. thats tiny!.... I just bought an Aries 175.. it has 0.9.. wow.. if you could really get .6, that would be 50% more burning heat.

wouldn't 1/2 the diameter actually DOUBLE the burning power? making it 100% more, not 50%?

Divergence determines how irradiance (burning power) changes over distance. The diameter at any point describes its irradiance. If you halve the diameter, you quadruple the irradiance.

WL though will have to make good on this 0.5-0.8mRad claim for it to mean anything to me. laserglow changed their herc specs to match RPL specs, but from what I hear they aren't accurate. We all know that WL and DL are infamous for severly hyping up their divergence specs, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. IMO though, optotronics has been the only company I've dealt with that shows a consistent record of shipping lasers that fully conform to their specs.