Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WickedLasers E3 "300mW"

Yeah high powered green lasers at this power are very unstable without some kind of active cooling. I honestly never believed for a second that any of them would be 1W when they first came out. I am very impressed and surprised with the outputs people are getting. I received mine in the mail yesterday. Review to follow shortly. Spoiler; it's not 1W but pretty darn high up there.

DJNY

Luke, why not getting a real high powered good quality green from CNI instead or is it just the look of the Arctic/Krypton host?

I have owned PGL 532nn lasers from CNI and LOVED the quality. Even the high powered ones have great optics which yield a tiny beam diameter an great divergence. I just really don't like the PGL host whatsoever. I also very much desired to have a high powered green with the smart switch. I really like the fact that none of the idiots that come through my house can turn on my laser and start wavin it around (roommates friends)
Besides the Kryton that I jut bought is very good quality from hat I can tell with the testing I've done. And the power is insane. Over 800mW. It's not like CNI are perfect either. How many RMAs have we seen on this forum from high powered green CNI lasers that went kappoot after very little use?

DJNY

You meant kaputt?

Yeah the PGL-C host is ugly, I fully agree. But they can do it also in other, not listed, hosts.

Looking forward to your Krypton review!
Did Steve know who was ordering this laser?

Not sure, I've been ordering from them for many years now and have had many conversations with customer service so I'd be surprised if they didn't recognize the name on the order though there isn't anyplace like a notes
Section to include your forum ID

Divergence measured. Not so great. I do not know if the focus is adjustable under the front cap like some green lasers. I really don't want to mess with it. Has anyone here measured the divergence on theirs?

There was one for sale in the B/S/T iirc, and Cypragon tested it thoroughly... I'm sure he measured divergence as well.

How bad is it?

My laser has exactly those specs. They are cheating on you, when you buy the E3 200mW, it has the EXACTLY same output. I myself had a E3 200mW and a 300mW that I still have, and they were outputting exactly the same things (okay, maybe 4-5 mW difference where the 200mW outputted more!) and my friend still has a E3 200mW that outputs just as much as mine when we compare it at the universitys LPM.

Paying extra $150 for just the host is not OK. I'd go with another laser from O-like or Lazerer outputting 200mW for $100 instead of a "300mW" from WL outputting 170-180 for $279 or whatever the price tag was..

I dont know Luke. With this statement above, and the crap divergence, I'd say you got ripped off buddy. But you seem so happy about it, and keep defending it. Do you like getting screwed?