Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WickedLasers Arctic G2 Spyder III, small review/overview by mikeeey

"And wtf is up with the head being stuffed full of thermal compound in the one picture?"

Isn't that what WL refers to as "Telsa" cooling?? :evil:

"And wtf is up with the head being stuffed full of thermal compound in the one picture?"

Isn't that what WL refers to as "Telsa" cooling?? :evil:

Maybe the next one will be filled with dirty puddle water and they can call it liquid cooled.

It shouldn't cost me a thing, that's what he made it sound like.

I ordered the Spartan right after my Arctic died hahaha. Unfortunately I'm going through the same thing and have to wait. But It should be less than 8 days now, better than 3 months.

It will cost you. I sent my Arctic back, also got an RMA number and where to send it, etc, and I still had to pay postage, which was $52+$4 packing (NZ) to send my back. So if you send it back will be out of pocket for postage.

dont click that link, it redirects you to a unescapable webpage that you need to ctrl-alt-delete...

ped

dont click that link, it redirects you to a unescapable webpage that you need to ctrl-alt-delete...

Which link?

Click the
report.gif
button on the relevant post and report it.

MojoLA

I'm still confused. It sounds like it stopped working after you tried to take it apart and monkey with it, but then you said it stopped working BEFORE you took it apart. So what happened, you turned it on and suddenly it just stopped working?

I got mine yesterday and love it. I'm going to post my own review now.

ZapU

I'm just curious how the refund with WL worked out.

WOW, after reading this, i understand why my cousin's E3 100mw from WL was a POS.
after just one day of use, the pins from the diode going to the driver broke off the board. I figured i could just go in and solder it up real quick and put the thing back together...
inside was a mess. HUGE globs of solder in places that weren't even near any connections, seemed like they used a good 2 inches of .032 diameter solder to carry ground.

by the time i was about ready to put the whole thing back together, after i had done all my soldering (it was a pain with my clumsy 140W weller), i try to slide the housing and the driver back into the host, and the pins on the diode BREAK OFF AT THE BASE.

after browsing on here for a day, i understand why building my own laser is worth it, and i won't be gauging what i make off of any WL product ever again.

if this is an old thread sorry for gravedigging :x