Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Lasers S3 KRYPTON 1000mW Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe they use some happy gas. When you open the box its blows it up your arss, or something, LOL.

i used to like the host too, but when I got an Arctic in my hand I didnt like it. It was to big, and heavy. I like a laser I can carry in my pocket, and dont have to tap morse code in to use. I like Lazerer's version, the Riffle. Its small, and looks just like the Arctic.

Are you going to RMA a 3rd, 4th, or 5th time if you don't get a +900mW Krypton?

Good luck playing the WL lottery.

Conclusion:
I give Wicked 10/10. Wicked's customer service is just outstanding!

I'm sorry but I don't get it.

You sent your money for the laser on 12/23.

It is now 2/15, you still don't have a working laser, and had to send two defective units back, paying out of your pocket for shipping.

Given the situation, handing out a perfect score just doesn't make sense at the least.

Are you receiving a discount for this review? Or on this laser?

Please don't take this the wrong way, I just want to understand how one gives a perfect score to a company that's screwed up twice and cost you more than you were initially supposed to pay. It doesn't add up to me.

Edit: It is actually a nice review.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I don't get it.

You sent your money for the laser on 12/23.

It is now 2/15, you still don't have a working laser, and had to send two defective units back, paying out of your pocket for shipping.

Given the situation, handing out a perfect score just doesn't make sense at the least.

Are you receiving a discount for this review? Or on this laser?

Please don't take this the wrong way, I just want to understand how one gives a perfect score to a company that's screwed up twice and cost you more than you were initially supposed to pay. It doesn't add up to me.

Edit: It is actually a nice review.

I guess I don't really mind waiting and accidents do happen in shipping. Wicked hasn't done me wrong before. But your right a 10/10 is off. I've done RMA's in the past and don't take long with wicked and I don't have to send them to China. And I believe others in the US don't because their RMA form instruction's state to send it to California. So thas a plus, but I think wicked has a different advertising where it states the maximum power not the average. But it should state that but if you express your concerns im sure wicked will either give you a refund or a better unit. So there's not that much reason to be upset, I could have gotten my refund if I pleased but I wanted to wait and get a better unit.

This unit was given to me with a review discount, but I would have done a review on it if it was not given to me with a discount. Wicked gave me an opportunity, so I decided to help them out since they have shown me what a goood company they can be.

Thanks but my review isn't done. I still have a unit to wait for and im going to post some more pics.

I apologize for any wholes cause I typed this out on my phone but ill fix it when I get home.

This unit was given to me with a review discount

And there you have it.

HOW ABOUT DISCLOSING THAT IN THE REVIEW

:banghead:

I have a feeling that a lot of the praise WL is getting lately for their underspec units are the result of discounts. *ahem*

Last edited:
^^^A review can still be factual IMO, but then conclusions should be left up to the reader.

I give credit to justdopey365 for being upfront about it though.

Funny though, I recall lazerer catching a whole lot of flak for offering discounts on reviews (regardless of whether they are positive or not) but with WL for some reason there is always a protectionism double standard.

One of my friends (also an LPF member) ordered the 1W krypton... can't wait to take a look at it for myself.

The fact of the matter is that WL is now selling some of the most powerful handheld green lasers that we've ever seen and for a very good price. Sure there have been a few PGL lasers that have reached similar outputs and also some outrageously expensive Hercules lasers as well. There really aren't many Kryptons being RMAd compared to the PGL 500s. We now have access to super high powered green lasers that have numerous safety features, sexy styling, great price and all the customer support you can get. While some of us are celebrating this and enjoying these lasers others are so hung up on the fact that WL advertises the max power that they completely dismiss everything else about the product. Your point has been accepted.... the laser would more aptly named by the average output of most the lasers so that the retards who don't read the specs and dont know what "<" means won't feel ripped off.

Personally I'm hung on on double standards.

For some reason double standards where WL are concerned don't seem to bother some people.

Other companies have gotten a lot more criticism for less and certainly if any seller were to pull the same tactics as WL has, he would have been banned from the forum a long time ago.

I'm also hung up on not playing a lottery with my money, or trusting clearly biased conclusions as we've seen with this review.

Really this review is "clearly" biased? I suppose the LPM graphs from all the Krypton reviews are biased as well. fortunately I didn't have to deal with the RMA process but this review is helpful in the fact that it shows us what happens if your not happy with what you receive. I can think of 3 companies respected by the forum who label 1 or more of their lasers as <1W that have average output of 800mW yet they are not being flamed so let's not talk about double standards. If you feel uncomfortable buying a $900 that could be anywhere between 500-1000mW I understand that. It would be better if they had more power categories priced accordingly. Personally I took the gamble because I haven't seen a single one less than 600mW and even at 600mW I think it is worth it.

10/10 LOL. You have to return it twice, and at the end of it all it will take ~3 months. And its still not over because your new laser hasn't arrived yet. What if its another dud?

Sorry to rain on your review, but this is typical WL all the way.

Did you have to pay for return shipping?

yeah he had to return one for a sh!t lens the next one is 20% underspec. in my book thats a "f:)ck you give me a refund and something for wasting my time"/10. but then again it was discounted for the review. but hey it hit 800mW i mean thats 80% of the advertised power YAAAAAy

:p nice review none the less, i guess :thinking:

Last edited:
Wow, I remember when people were astonished an grateful to get an 800mW green laser. Now thu say *%%* you to it. Unbelievable. The advertised output is not 1W it's <1W and the specs are 500mW-1000mW. Reading rainbow.

Wow, I remember when people were astonished an grateful to get an 800mW green laser. Now thu say *%%* you to it. Unbelievable. The advertised output is not 1W it's <1W and the specs are 500mW-1000mW. Reading rainbow.

on WL site there is 3 options 300mW 500mW 1000mW NOT <1000mW

so basically your argument is the same as i buy a car advertised to go 200mph but i get it and the engine dies at 160mph but hey thats totally rad cause 10 years ago 160mph was just a dream.

bullchit man bull :whistle:

Lase

on WL site there is 3 options 300mW 500mW 1000mW NOT <1000mW

so basically your argument is the same as i buy a car advertised to go 200mph but i get it and the engine dies at 160mph but hey thats totally rad cause 10 years ago 160mph was just a dream.

bullchit man bull :whistle:

They clearly state MAX POWER: 300mW, 500mW,1000mW - MIN POWER: 125mW, 250mW, 500mW respectively.

While I don't agree with such a wide range of powers, any that fall between this are aceptable. They haven't ripped anyone off. They have told the truth (for once).

People who buy it should be aware of this.

If you want a >500 mW 532 and you want it to fall within a +/- 50mW range talk to CNI or one of the other companies that sell higher powered 532's.

Lase

Last edited:
Really this review is "clearly" biased?

The conclusion he reaches clearly is.

A perfect 10 out of 10 score, when he doesn't even have a working unit in hand.

That's bias, plain and simple.

I suppose the LPM graphs from all the Krypton reviews are biased as well. fortunately I didn't have to deal with the RMA process but this review is helpful in the fact that it shows us what happens if your not happy with what you receive.

It shows us that it apparently the company can't get it right the first time... or the second time. Maybe the third time they can do it?

It shows that unlike companies who stand behind their products 100% and send out call tags, or reimburse for shipping... WL does not.

I can think of 3 companies respected by the forum who label 1 or more of their lasers as <1W that have average output of 800mW yet they are not being flamed so let's not talk about double standards.

Company sells a product and guarantees that it will be at least 80% of the advertised spec VS company that sells a product and guarantees only 50% of advertised output.

That might explain the lack of flaming. So yes it is double standard, and when.

If you feel uncomfortable buying a $900 that could be anywhere between 500-1000mW I understand that. It would be better if they had more power categories priced accordingly.

Absolutely I feel uncomfortable.

I feel uncomfortable dealing with a company that's lied to me in the past.

I also feel uncomfortable dealing with a company that lied to me in the very recent past about this specific model.

Lastly I feel uncomfortable buying from a company that continues with deceptive sales tactics, and apparently can't get even a review unit out properly.

Personally I took the gamble because I haven't seen a single one less than 600mW and even at 600mW I think it is worth it.

You haven't seen a single one under 600mW because they are the same exact laser as the 300mW and the 500mW model, just binned. So of course you're not likely to see one of them under 500 or even 600mW, the problem is how few are even hitting 1W.

Mind you if they were binned and sold in more increments as you suggested, it would be a different story, but I think it's ludicrous to buy an item and only get 60% of what you pay. Maybe I'm crazy in that expectation.

With time technology progresses. Progress builds upon progress. I'm sure the cell phone you use now is the match of most early model "super" computers. So what? Should we be stuck in the past and be amazed based on the stance of something from the 1980's? Maybe the 1930's? I'm sorry but it's 2012 last time I checked the calendar.

I just can't wrap my head around you defending WL when I also know you to be an honest and upfront guy. Hold WL to the same standard you hold yourself to. Anything less is a double standard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.