Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked lasers expierience

First off, before i start my review on wicked, I'd like to say past is past and companpy's do change their mistakes

I understand back in 2010 and 2011 alot of people were having shipping issues

I just ordered my 3rd laser from them, And the longest one of them took to get here was 16 days, Im not disappointed with that at all, I got a artic, a krypton and bought a nano for my girl.

All the lasers i recieved tested over what specs they had on the website - GREAAT

I have had zero defect's on any item i purchased through them besides a dirty lense on my artic

Customer support, Can be somewhat hard to get ahold of, But if you try earlier in the day or later in the day your phone call goes almost directly through..

Overall wicked lasers expierence i was give a 4 1/2 star just because customer support can be hard to get ahold of

Are their lasers worth the money? In my case yes, i dont regret spending the money with them at all. but hey if you dont like it send yours back and get a refund, Cause honestly that's what i was gonna do, i just wanted to own and have some fun with a high power laser for a few days, but then got attached.

Well i agree give that man a cigar, and things do change and yes I'm biased i love my arctic, just overspec looks great ,sure they are expensive but nobody is twisting your arm to buy one if you can afford it and like what you see, buy one if not don't look to another manufacturer ....

Changing at the point is too late- while the promotions for 445s at WL were a brilliant sales pitch they were at the same time bringing lots of negative feedback from all others outside laser hobbiests. If WL could not ship as promised then why did they continue to take orders they had to know would take months instead of weeks or days. At the peak of ordering I was told WL was getting paid for two lasers per minute 24/7= ++
so personally i dont buy the 'past is past' arguments.

hak

Well i agree give that man a cigar, and things do change and yes I'm biased i love my arctic, just overspec looks great ,sure they are expensive but nobody is twisting your arm to buy one if you can afford it and like what you see, buy one if not don't look to another manufacturer ....

Yeah, and honestly a one year warrenty. You can't complain about that the biggest warrenty i could find was 6 months, so WL shows confidence in the quality

Changing at the point is too late- while the promotions for 445s at WL were a brilliant sales pitch they were at the same time bringing lots of negative feedback from all others outside laser hobbiests. If WL could not ship as promised then why did they continue to take orders they had to know would take months instead of weeks or days. At the peak of ordering I was told WL was getting paid for two lasers per minute 24/7= ++
so personally i dont buy the 'past is past' arguments.

hak

I can see your point hak, they did change their ways a little to late in the game.

But that is any mass manufactured item when they first get released

Look at the ipad, or the HTC Evo

The EVO was backordered and anyone who had ordered them waited 4 months - I was one

The ipad was backordered "6 months" when it was first released.. so a company like wicked lasers. Yeah i can see where they fell behind,

But honestly it seems like they have their act together now. and ill be a supporter, am i strickly WL customer? No ill buy from other companys. but i figured id inform that ordering from WL is not all that bad of a deal now.

** all true but none of them said their product would 'instantly set flesh afire' did they?

also consider this- i have it on good authority that WL ordered so many arctic hosts that they got them for AROUND 7$USD EACH.
They also bought kasio PJs by the PALLET- so paid maybe a top of 15$ per diode-(if that) the lenses- drivers and the stuff these came with could have not run more than another 20$ so aside from labor ( & I do not need to tell you how much THAT cost)so a total before labor of around 42$or maybe less.

WL asked JL to help with the building I was told JL said NO THANKS after seeing what there were going to be made from-

JL felt the components were shoddy at best and wanted nothing to do with the building of these.

WL was soon placed on the worst list of China to USA shippers and had to resort to all types of trickery to get them delivered.

One rumor had a container of lasers on a ship coming to California ( where chris lives)
and then sent out in the US mail thus avoiding duty or seizure by customs.
( source is high up at US Coast Guard) refunding those tired of waiting was n/p for WL as they had millions of OPs $$ in hand and more coming in every hour.
So some here will never buy from WL and you can feel free to buy- n/p
Just do not ask us to forget what was done and done fully aware of the outcome.

BTW I would like to hear what the return addresses are on WL packages these days.. care to share that with us??

2 sales per minute means around 86,400 lasers ordered in just 30 days.

Last edited:
All your points a US business stratigy. Trust me I run one but be sides that the return address on mine is 1215 shop rd Columbia Sc