Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

WICKED LASERS CORE POPS A BLACK BALLOON!!!

impressive, i need to get some balloons and try some distance on my 35mw WL - unaided it will do about 3-5 feet with my sharpied water balloons

Justin said:
Using an external lens we were able to light a match using an Aries-20 from almost 6 feet "downstream". It took a very steady hand and several seconds but it did light. It's amazing what an external lens will do for your lasers' heat generation and ability to burn things.

Nice work dude, although i did just a bit better ;D.
Evo 15mw about 5 meters into a mirror reflected back again about 5 meter and lit a match through a lens.
U'r right about an external lens man they do wonders, if i would off had a bigger lens i would have been able to do it even further as would u i'm sure.

At the Time Lord: nice work man, i always wandered wether or not it could be done, i guess this settles it once and for all.

T

timelord

Well shikari_rock claims his can do it unaided so I've said "video evidence will prove your claim" then others seem to say "my 35mw blah blah blah etc"
My point is that this is a 5mw!!!! Core unmodded and all standard!! not 15mw not 35mw just a 5mw and it does not even peak near 5mw.
So this is to all you guys with a Core, please give this a try and post your result here so we can establish whether or not this core is just different....
Thanks Sambo for your kind words and thought here in this topic ;)

Timelord said:
please give this a try and post your result here so we can establish whether or not this core is just different....
Why would it be any diffrent? It's 4.5mW average, just like all the other CORE's. :-?

I wasn't really claiming, I just posted that vid. :)

T

timelord

shikari_rock said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1192719398/15#20 date=1192790972]please give this a try and post your result here so we can establish whether or not this core is just different....
Why would it be any diffrent? It's 4.5mW average, just like all the other CORE's. :-?

I wasn't really claiming, I just posted that vid. :)[/quote]
Please post the video of your core popping a balloon unaided :)

T

timelord

Well an overpowered classic is not a 5mw core so that comment is not valid in this thread. I'm trying to find out if others have a core that reads 5mw or under that is capable of popping balloons................................................................................

Yet again a reason for the question to be asked.
Is <=5mW eye safe?
I don't think so. ;)

People, please be safe out there. :cool:

timelord topless?? ::) ::)

a little bit OT but it reminded me of some ebay picture where a guy took a picture of a tea kettle? to sell on ebay, except he was nude and there was a pretty good reflection of him standing naked on the kettle... be careful with reflections :)

T

timelord

You wanna switch your gaydar off ;D ;D ;D and stop noticing topless men :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D