Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Laser X10 beam expander

Undertoker

Hi guys
i recently picked up a WL Arctic spyder 3 and despite all the mixed reviews I’m pleased with it.
im trying to source a x10 beam expander and wondered if anyone had any ideas on where I can get one or where I can get something that does the same job and will fit my laser
as always thank you in advance
John

Undertoker

Just a bump guys - any info on either buying or even perh building one would be helpful
what thread is the wicked laser spyder for example?
perhaps I could source something and retro fit it

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
There may be some here who can answer your questions but you may have to wait a while. WL was (is) such a ripoff they don't get a lot of respect around here. That being said, I wouldn't mind having one of their original 473nm Spyder lasers.

Undertoker

Appreciate your reply thank you.
I’m honesty I don’t know the history with WL and wasn’t aware of the bad feeling towards them.
I do notice that they seem ridiculously priced specifically in the US, but that is good old fashioned greed for you.

I picked mine up second hand - it’s an old Arctic Spyder 3000mw version.
I can’t seem to find any record of a 3000mw one but that’s what it says on the sticker.
It works well and seems well made in honesty, but I don’t have a meter to test it.
I guess time will tell as to the quality of it.

But it seems that you cannot order any bits for it at a fair price - they are ridiculously expensive - I messaged an eBay seller for WL and he asked for telephone numbers even for just a lens kit and as such I simply won’t order off WL directly.

But I would like a beam expander and wonder if for example an expander made by someone else might fit it ?
I wonder what the thread size is ?