Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Laser 445nm Self destruct !!!

I have a first gen wicked laser and the diode is not working anymore i shinned it on a mirror and the beam hit the diode self destruct activated :sneaky:

was wondering what diode will work on this driver i would like to use a 638nm i tested the driver using a 650nm and the diode just vanished after 2sec anyone have info what the output is on this driver i try testing it but its not easy since it has modes every mode changes the output !!

Encap

Don't have an answer for you but welcome back. Many members have wondered where you were---why Alien is not around/posting.

Not many people ever took one of those press fit hosts apart much less changed diodes to a different from the Ca$io diode originally used.

PM or email DTR would think he may be able to give you an answer.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Glad to see that my favorite alien is back and posting again! :alien:

I'm sure that someone more familiar with these Wicked lasers can fix you up.
I wonder, if you can also access the driver, maybe it would be better to replace the diode/driver as a unit?

Hey, Alex. Still in school and doing well? We don't hear from you nearly enough either. ;)

Hey Paul!

I’m doing well. Working on my last year here at my university and hopefully will graduate with a BA in the environmental field. I’m trying to get myself back slowly into the laser hobby and bought myself a 5mW 532nm pointer to start off. I’ve been trying to post as much as I feel my input would be valuable :)

-Alex

That's great news, Alex. Congratulations. I hope you are able to use your new degree to get a good job. Don't be a stranger.

Thank you for the welcome i still have all lasers currently some are packed if some remember we purchased a house 1y ago and we bin working on it to finish it and its almost done and my laser room will be done soon will make videos and get more diodes i missed the page so i login today, Yehh the finely returned me to earth after the UFO failed to take off from earth the let me go 😂

Last edited: