Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked laser 130 mw evolution Group buy First impressions

hiya folks, I just received my wicked laser evolution from UPS a few hours ago and Im going to do a first impressions review, Robs asked for some pictures so i might as well post them here ;)

First of all I was surprised that wicked sent the lasers out to us so early despite everyone hasn't sent in their payment yet, my order was shipped on the 4th and received today (7th) which is really fast from china.

Secondly they sent me a higher power model than the one we requested (no complaints here :) ), they sent a 130mw evo instead of the 100mw model.

First impressions are that the laser is built to last, the host is solid, you feel the quality is there. The packing it came in was good, lots of protection, but the laser goggles did not come in the shipment, wonder if they are to be sent separately?

Anyway here are some pictures you've been waiting for :D

Power chart shows it performs higher than the stated 130mw and its very stable:

Model number:

Warning label:

Laser:

Dot zoomed in:

Day time shot one (No smoke):

Day time shot two (No smoke):

Size comparison with WL fusion:

Night time shot (it sure gets dark quick in glasgow ;) )

So far im very happy with the laser, its much better than the fusion for burning stuff in close range :) and it is very stable looking at the chart, my one seems to fluctuate even less than nikos one on his review.

PS:

Sorry about the large image sizes, i still have no idea how to post images on the forum :whistle:

Please bare in mind this is just a first impressions review and my first ever review, please feel free to criticise.

And special thanks to niko who made this possible for us :thanks:

Reactions: Rob

diachi

Very nice review, quick and to the point!

I'm impressed with the "Don't shine your laser at planes" warning that comes with it, thumbs up to WL for that!

It's been strangely dark in Glasgow today ... even this morning it was really dark , later than normal too.

Adding to RT!

If you need help with adding images, I suggest using ImageShack® - Image Hosting
Much faster than the host you're currently using. Also you can create an account and have them all saved there.

EDIT: I can't believe you have the Dr. Dre headphones! Are they as good as the reviews say?

Also, the goggles will be sent to you separately :)

Rob

Great review! I'm glad that they're sending out the lasers, hope my comes soon. :)

Did they send you a notification that it had shipped, or did you just receive the package unexpectedly?

@Niko, the Beat's are amazing, some of the best headphones I've ever used.

Adding to RT!

EDIT: I can't believe you have the Dr. Dre headphones! Are they as good as the reviews say?

\)

I don't own those, but I've tried them and I must say they do sound awesome! way better sound then my bose headphones...

haha i just received it unexpectedly, i looked outside my window today and saw the UPS guy knocking on my neighbours doors asking if they can keep a package for me, then after 2 house he eventually came and ask me if i can keep a package for number 8, and i was like, this is number 8 and i am arthur LOL, so folks be prepared to receive yours in a few days UPS usually takes 3 days ^ ^

Oh, and yes both Dr dre headphones are Amazing ! bose has better sound isolation for the on head ones, but dre has much better sound, you wont find both powerful bass and clarity in sound in one set of earphones haha well worth the money, for the in ear ones you need to find the right fit, but is still amazing ! if you have the money to spend buy them ! all thats needed to say :p

happy lasering :) Arc

Nice review!
I hope mine arrives today. Ever since Niko opened the thread I've been checking it every day for updates.
I'm surprised to see that they sent a 130mW unit. Wicked has been very generous lately. Which is great!

How is the divergence on your laser?

The beams very tight, however at a far distance the beam diameter is wider than the wicked laser fusion, the fusion beam starts at a wider diameter but it doesnt spread as much, but the evolutions beam is tight enough for a long distance, you cant see the end of the beam :)

I check my emails every 2 minutes :p

Seriously.

Haha! I don't think I've left my computer for more than 20 minutes at a time today.
Unfortunately, it's 5pm here so it looks like I might be getting it later.

I have school till 6 tomorrow... hopefully my package will be safe until I get home. :cryyy: If it arrives...

Haha! I don't think I've left my computer for more than 20 minutes at a time today.
Unfortunately, it's 5pm here so it looks like I might be getting it later.

I have school till 6 tomorrow... hopefully my package will be safe until I get home. :cryyy:

Hopefully :) WL has the fastest shipping I've ever seen.

I'm still concerned about Elgranto7, he hasn't showed up and we're missing his payment :(

have you not heard anything from egranto7 yet, no replys? nothing ? Im glad wicked sent the lasers out quickly even when not everyones paid yet but still...