Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Wicked Krypton In the News

Johnyz

Chill down, bro. It's underspec and overpriced (sorta). It's much less trouble than Arctic was...

Indeed, agreeing with Johnyz here, a lot less people would buy $1000 one, more likely the most selling unit will be 300mW version for $300 and that's not such a great news in the field of green laser power.

Besides, we do not need to send them anything. Wicked's fanatics will buy it anyway, those that had enough of their cr*p with Arctic mess will not.

If you need to vent out, do it here like I did :p

So while wasting hours browsing through news sites, I have now come across 10 different articles about the krapton from Wicked lasers. (No that's not a spelling mistake, I think anyone stupid enough to order it, is asking to get crapped on, hence Krapton.)

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: I love it.....:eg:

Jerry

Did we get this pissed when the other 2 highest output green lasers for the time were called the Hercules, and Hulk? :thinking:

Any idea how strong it REALLY is ?

So far only two reviews... what that kid shows in the video... impossible to tell for sure, but I would guess around 500mW.

Jayrob metered his at 730mW iirc.

So these are definitely not 1W... the specs on their own site are 150mW, 250mW and 500mW.

Indeed, agreeing with Johnyz here, a lot less people would buy $1000 one, more likely the most selling unit will be 300mW version for $300 and that's not such a great news in the field of green laser power.

Besides, we do not need to send them anything. Wicked's fanatics will buy it anyway, those that had enough of their cr*p with Arctic mess will not.

If you need to vent out, do it here like I did :p

Actually, the vast majority sold have been "1W"... which surprises me. I honestly think the better value would be the "500mW"... (the least purchased option)

Either way, I'm sure all available units will sell.

Johnyz

300mW for $300 is even worse... I bought my DD 300mW Firedragon for $150 and it even came 33% overspec. I'm pretty sure that if I had a team of chinese engineers behind be, I could do it cheaper...

Johnyz

Oh, you are a WL employee? *tsk* *tsk* Now where did I just put my flamethrower? :)

Last edited:
I work in sales.

(I'm 36... just to answer the inevitable question that is certainly next)

Your age really has no relevance. And sales really doesnt have anything to do with production.

I still dont see how you know that 70%+ go out on spec. The typical user doesnt have a LPM to test it with, and I would not take anything reported from Steve's company as fact. I highly doubt they test each laser either. They never did before.

Sounds like some sales bologna to me.

Johnyz

I think you got it wrong. I think he meant that 70% of the sold lasers were "1W" versions. He never said anything about being on spec or not.