Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wiched lasers or dragon lasers

Timelord said:
The trouble with WL plants is that me and Proctor sniff them out to quick but our forum is well established now and growing all the time [smiley=beer.gif] Cheers..

Whenever a certain company name is "banned" it becomes quite obvious they see them as a major threat and don't want thier newbies comparing notes between companies.

If they went back to their old name "wicked laser forums".. then I could see the point of stateing that the only allowable conversation is about and for WL lasers. Although it would be very difficult to speak objectively even to the point how there lasers were better, its impossible for a shopper and honest newbie to learn and trust someone who only wants to show you the cars on thier lot and turns your head everytime you look across the street!

I totally understand if they are trying to guard against flaming and constant turmoil, but if thats the case, it appears they guard against the game they play the most.

Its always fun to dish it out, but no one likes to take thier own medicine.....

Why can't we just be open and truthful and stamp out obvious lies and deception?
Its one thing if someone believes in something and they are misinformed, but its quite another when they resort to evil to promote good.... geeze it sounds like a CIA operation or something! LOL!

Anyways..... wicked has some good lasers.... I just can't appreciate them for the price they demand.

I believe the days of milk and honey are coming to an end...... where they were the elite distributor of portable lasers and now competition is bringing them to a more honest accountability for thier practices... Ain't America Great?

Nothing like free enterprise and competition! Every monopoly hates it..... Oh well!

Maybe they are afraid that thier own name may give them away????

T

timelord

Dragon have given this a lot of thought and all i can say is it's the quiet ones you have to watch. Dragon have a few tricks up there sleaves

Timelord said:
Dragon have given this a lot of thought and all i can say is it's the quiet ones you have to watch. Dragon have a few tricks up there sleaves

Too cool.... all I can say is make sure your on laserglows mailing list.... those are the ones that will be the first to officially know the good news.....

I'm curious about DL!.... hopefully these will be fine tuned and proven........ Its never good to release beta products just to be the first out of the gate.....

S

SenKat

Timelord said:

Yeah - BETA testing is like trying out, and testing a product prior to it's launch date to give the developers an "outsiders" look at the new product....

T

timelord

SenKat said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1169808955/30#35 date=1170390034]BETA ???

Yeah - BETA testing is like trying out, and testing a product prior to it's launch date to give the developers an "outsiders" look at the new product....[/quote]

I know i'm only pulling your chain [smiley=bath.gif]

L

laser

sorry, i was not here for a few days. i did however email them about 3 days ago. they havent responded. i tried both emails, the support and the complaints. i emailed them again today, but i havent gotten any response.

EDIT: okay, i got a response. they pretty much said "tough luck, we test all our lasers before we ship them. go to this page for match burning techniques. and also, the humidity and stuff affects the way things burn."

its okay now. i dont think that its that bad. they also told me what type of betteries to use, and they work a little better. i can light matches and stuff.

What batteries were you using?

Also.. you can always flat out get a refund within the 7 days and either order another or from another vendor.

There is always the poteintial for a communication gap since some don't command the english language well.

I'm curious as to what you were using verses what works now?

I mentioned I used NIMH 1000mah and they do just fine.... NIMH will have almost as good a voltage "under load" as LiIon.
Alkaline do well right in the beginning, but quickly loose thier ability to hold good voltage under load.

Basically I recommend NiMh since you can always top them off and have a full fresh set in your laser... the problem with LiIon "other than being a bit risky on voltage" is they are so expensive, you will want to use them till thier dead and so you never really know how much you have left till that majic moment happens.

I can send you some good stuff on batteries if you need to bone up on them.

SenKat said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1169808955/30#35 date=1170390034]BETA ???

Yeah - BETA testing is like trying out, and testing a product prior to it's launch date to give the developers an "outsiders" look at the new product....[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D Yea.. thats exactly what I was trying to say!.... when a 2000.00 new product is released, it should work as advertized. Otherwise, someone jumped the gun and released it early without adequate testing by QA.

I know beta is used for software, but I'm using it as hardware to make a point. Usually when hardware fails, its because of poor firmware in the chips, but in this case I'm not aware that lasers carry firmware of any type. You have what you have.

L

laser

im pretty much the smilie guy...i put custom smilies in all my posts....

create.php

laserk said:
im pretty much the smilie guy...i put custom smilies in all my posts....

create.php

Hey laserk..... I don't know if you noticed my question... but what was up with the batteries and does the dragon now work totally to your satisfaction or is there any problems?

Enquiring minds want to know.......

L

laser

oh. um, im not really that happy with it. it doesnt light matches very well, but i think im going to return it for a new one. im using "sinica" Li-FeS2 lithiums. 1.5v's. sometimes i use LiMH rechargables, but either way, it doesnt light matches. only sometimes.

laserk said:
oh. um, im not really that happy with it. it doesnt light matches very well, but i think im going to return it for a new one. im using "sinica" Li-FeS2 lithiums. 1.5v's. sometimes i use LiMH rechargables, but either way, it doesnt light matches. only sometimes.

If you use red matches, it should light quickly within 3 or 4 inches and in a couple of seconds at one foot , I guess you haven't gone over your 7 days yet..... I would trade it in if you have to use lithiums to get it to burn... I've never even put lithiums in mine yet.