Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Why not Button cells?

Trevor

im sorry, you seem to be able to write but not read, hmm maybe you should read above posts smart one (if you can of course). smashing job!

Umm. You're using alkaline primaries, which will die. Then you will throw them out. They will end up in a landfill. You're contributing to the problem of alkaline batteries leaking in landfills.

Use this batch for whatever, then you can maybe use something more efficient, like rechargeables. I can read, thanks.

Cute attempt to leave me a neg rep. :)

-Trevor

Last edited:

Yeah, Toast tries to be helpful but he doesn't have the experience most all of the vets have. Some of his posts are just straight wrong.

Anybody who is "very involved in electronics" knows this "experiment" won't end well.

You also mention stacking the batteries to get 7.5V. So I'm assuming you are going to use a less efficient linear driver over a boost driver? Awesome choice, especially when you should be doing whatever you can to save power with those batteries.

I don't rip on new guys unnecessarily, but when you come here asking for advice then shun it aside like you already know everything it tends to get on my nerves a bit.

Have fun with your experiment...