Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Who would like to meet Dr Sam Goldwasser at SELEM 2011

thanks guys for sharing-

Before I found LPF ( the only thing I would EVER thank KipKlay for) I started buying up HeNes on FleaBay.

Everytime I did a laser search links to info At Sams appeared. I stopped doing searches and just started at Sam's.

From the first visit I could already see how valuable his site was. But one question was often not answered at Sam's. How much is too much to pay for an old HeNe red laser?. Although I did eventually find some dos and donts.

As I was not on any laser forums ATM I ,and not thinking he would have time for me, I still sent a EEKBay link to Sam. I figured WTH worst he can do is ignore me.

The very next day he replied- said it was a bad deal AND explained in detail why(that was very valuable info)why I should pass on it. AND Sam did an Feebay serach and sent me links to two or three better laser deals.

Never once trying to sell me one of his.

He was 100% right-I saw neg feedback from the buyer that got the one I was looking at and the one I got was a keeper. Looking fwd to shaking his hand for that.

Hope that happens at SELEM.

len

*****************************>(*U*)<

Millirad^^^ Will I be seeing you at SELEM V??

Living in N.Cali. I would not think so. Thats too bad especially in light of the fact it now looks very likely that Sam will be there. If you can make the trip you know it would be worth it. IIRC there is one flying in from the Netherlands. Several are coming from Texas too.

Anyone living just a few hundred miles from Newton N.C. should attend. Even if you can only do a day trip.

I am sure you could work something out with Buffo about coming for just one of the days. With a paid attendance (in advance) you get the nice knit shirt and can bring an adult guest or two.
Personally I would not want to bring youngsters to SELEM but if you do want to , I would suggest getting with Buffo on that in advance. ALL attending sign a waiver of liability(at all LEMs-- afaik).

Last edited:

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ATM it is looking VERY good on getting Sam to SELEM V- I would still like to have some-'back-up' rides from Philly to Newton NC(on Thur) and return on Sunday. PM me if you may be able to help on this.:thanks:

Time to send in your shirt size(s) and pymt ($50) for the event is now or asap. after Aug 10 you will not get the free knit monogrammed SELEM V shirt--sry. BUT WALK-INS ARE WELCOME.

BIG T Y to all who helped us get sam to attend.

ps

his last emails expressed his desire to be in a smoke-free environment( me too)
And being safety minded- wanted to know if those imbibing would be kept away from danger from the lasers-- very undestandable.imo

'beer' goggles offer no protection!!!....true dat!

ps anyone wanting to assist us with the costs to have Sam at SELEM V..can see me or Adam at the event- the budget is very tight- especially with the added day this year.

this will be the best ever SELEM!!