Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

White diffraction

How's this for a nonconstructive activity? I went to the trouble of combining red, green, and blue beams. Then I took them apart again. But it sure is sexy. OH yes.

Start with your typical (or not so typical) white beam:

And add smoke and various diffraction gratings

Total output was around 300mW

that last one is now on my desktop. just one thing, it looks like the camera moved durning the exposure.

That is awesome, how long did it take you to set up?

Jase

Attachments

• curis-mary-hinge.jpg
    curis-mary-hinge.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 904
I only spent 20 minutes or so this time around, so you may be able to see misalignments or skewed ratios.

T

timelord

Am I missing something here but I'm not seeing any photos in this thread :-/

My hosting service has been having a lot of troubles lately. They're still there, but the server goes down fairly often, sometimes for hours at a time.

They load as of this post, anyway.

O my god that's simply stunning man :D. Those pictures are awesome, what are the powers off the lasers used. Is that bleu one an argon? What kind of dichro did u use, i can't believ u pulled this off in 20 minutes very nice work man.

Yes, that's my 50mW single line argon. I didn't measure the outputs this time, but they should still be at a ratio close to 4:1:2 totalling around 300mW.

OpticsAsst10a.jpg

The rightmost optic in this lot from ebay can be used as either a red/green, green/blue, or red/blue depending on the angle of the incident beam. I used it to combine the green and blue. For the sea-green/red dichro, I used a strange unidentified pane of glass I found in a dead digital camera.