Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which to get?

Hi, so I am really interested in lasers. I watch people do neat things with theirs on YouTube like everyday and I want one... a good one! I had a cheap 5MW eBay laser and well... I want a much better one.

I have aprox. $300 to spend and I want the most powerful laser I can get for the cheapest price. I was thinking of this one:

High Power Blue 1W Laser | S3 Spyder III Arctic

Any suggestions?!

GBD

between the two, go for the spartan.
the WL arctic will probably show to your door next lifetime if you order it.
and then break 5 seconds later.

an alternative is a home made build, it is cheaper, and more relaible IMO.

Welcome to the forums man, Enjoy your stay!

:D

I'm a horrible mechanic :/ And if I do get the Spartan, will they ship it to the states? Because I tried ordering a laser from Deal Extreme and they canceled it due to the new regulations.

GBD

I heard of people getting the spartan and are in the states, but I dont know personally, Im in Canada.

maybe someone else will be able to shed some light on that.

Ash

Hi, so I am really interested in lasers. I watch people do neat things with theirs on YouTube like everyday and I want one... a good one! I had a cheap 5MW eBay laser and well... I want a much better one.

I have aprox. $300 to spend and I want the most powerful laser I can get for the cheapest price. I was thinking of this one:

Any suggestions?!
Yeah. I suggest you purchase some safety glasses so you don't accidentally blind yourself playing with a laser that is too much power for what you need.
I would recommend that you take that $300 and purchase a variety of lasers in different colors and purchase the appropriate safety glasses for each.
This is what I would do with that money:
$46 - 200mW 660nm link (need green glasses to block the red)
$70 - 100mW 532nm link (need red glasses to block the green)
$184 - 1.1W 445nm link or link (need orange glasses to block the blue)
All of these will light matches, pop balloons, and have the potential to permanently blind.
There is less of a chance of you hurting yourself with 100-200mW laser.
Start small. There is no need to jump into the deep end and get a 1Watt blue for your first laser. You don't want the first "accident" with your laser to permanently damage your vision. :(

Hi, I really don't want to be using my money towards a bunch of smaller lasers. I might be new to the hobby, but I'm not going to hurt myself with something big ;)

Ash

Hi, I really don't want to be using my money towards a bunch of smaller lasers. I might be new to the hobby, but I'm not going to hurt myself with something big ;)
Famous last words.
Lets hope you have enough money to buy safety glasses to protect against +1Watt of laser radiation. :cool:

Unaswered question up there...

CNI's lasers are fully FDA compliant and 100% legal to buy and own in the USA. You can purchase from Dragon, LaserGlow, CNI directly, it'll always get there.

Any suggestions?!

ok on O-like homepage link, you can get a
300mW red laser for $60 link, a
400mW 405nm (blu-ray/violet) laser for $95 link, and pretty cheap green:
i would go for this one: link or go for the one of the same model but 200mW for only $40 more.
for the cheapest (and very good) safety glasses, go to
link; those will cover the violet and green laser in terms of safety (these are the more important glasses to get because of the brightness of the green and blue light hazard of the violet (and its sheer power).
get red laser glasses from o-like when you order the lasers link.
Both sites ship to U.S.
Those are the absolute cheapest prices i could find. (they are also the ones i bought. i am going to buy the 200mW green and 1W blue below when i get the money).
If you want a 1W 445nm blue laser go here:
link.
i know it says out of stock, but go to the last page, and he says he is building more to sell now. He is a very trusted member here and ships very quickly.
the 3 lasers (including 200mW green) and o-like red safety glasses will cost $300.27 (if all bought at once: i don't know if it will make it through customs all shipped at once though. I have only bought 1 laser at a time and had no trouble receiving them. You may want to ask someone else about that).
The other safety glasses from dragon lasers (with shipping) should be around $43 (same price as o-like ones without shipping and better quality than o-like).
I have searched for the lowest prices for high-mW lasers for myself and that's what i have come up with. Hope this helps!

David

Last edited:

Arshus

DO NOT order it from Wicked Lasers, as they appear not to be shipping orders even remotely timely at the moment. Buy it from CNI, or Yobresal (I hear he has 10 more lasers in stock), best bang for your buck. CNI will take a couple weeks, theyre in china, both will get you an excellent quality 445nm.

Regards,

Sal

Last edited:
I got a 1.3W 445nm one from DTR :) He included glasses and looks to be a trusted member. Thanks everyone!

I got a 1.3W 445nm one from DTR :) He included glasses and looks to be a trusted member. Thanks everyone!

how much did you pay for it? and is he selling more or just that one? If he is selling more, can you post a link to that thread?