Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which of these 3 lasers should I buy? Please help!

Hey all! =)

I'm new with lasers and they sound cool (I know they're not toys and I know I need to be careful with them). Only class 2 lasers are allowed in my country I believe (Belgium). So I'll go with a 1 mW green laser.

Here are 3 different lasers i'm doubting between:

1) This one: Green Laser Pointer Pen Professional 1mW High Power | eBay
because it looks nice and is cheap

2) this one: High Power Green Laser Pointer Pen Professional 1mW | eBay
because it says military grade, so it should be a bit tougher

3) Improved SBT Professional Green Laser Pointer Pen UK | eBay

Because it says improved super bright technology ==> is this a joke for marketing and attracting customers or does it really exist and work?? It's definitely more expensive.

These are all cheap lasers and I can't see any IR filter on them, so they're not so safe, but not so strong either. I'm not going to use them full-time, i just like the beam of a laser.. how stupid it may sound it's cool lol..

Are they all 3 as good or is there really any difference?

Thank you for your advice!! =D

Haha well i'd want one of 5 mW but that's illegal in my country so ==> i want a 1 mW green laser :)

Thank you!

Hey all! =)

I'm new with lasers and they sound cool (I know they're not toys and I know I need to be careful with them). Only class 2 lasers are allowed in my country I believe (Belgium). So I'll go with a 1 mW green laser.

Because it says improved super bright technology ==> is this a joke for marketing and attracting customers or does it really exist and work?? It's definitely more expensive.

These are all cheap lasers and I can't see any IR filter on them, so they're not so safe, but not so strong either. I'm not going to use them full-time, i just like the beam of a laser.. how stupid it may sound it's cool lol..

If you cant get a laser over 1mw I'm sure you can buy one of those then put a higher power module in it, Like go on dealextreme.com and find a green laser module with the correct amout of mW 100-200mW for burning and 5mw for pointing so if you want a burning laser put a burning module in the crappy ebay laser, if you want a laser that will last way longer and be slightly brighter and safe search for the 5mW green laser module on dealextreme, But before doing so watch this: DIY: How to Modify a Green Laser Pointer into a Burning Laser - YouTube

I am aware that it is for making it a burner but you can just put a 5mw in it and it will work better. Remember to stay away from pot mods and mW is for measuring power and if those say they are 1mw and say high power they must be lieing because 1mw is not high power and they are probably all the same... oh and you will only see the beam in complete darkness or night unless you get a higher power one but if you get a higher power one only use it at the sky not in the house because you could burn your retinas out. Also if you are gonna get a more powerful one make sure you buy green laser protective goggles from somewhere like o-like or dragonlasers NOT EBAY OR DEALEXTREME! YW for advice! :)

Hey all! =)

If you cant get a laser over 1mw I'm sure you can buy one of those then put a higher power module in it, Like go on dealextreme.com and find a green laser module with the correct amout of mW 100-200mW for burning and 5mw for pointing so if you want a burning laser put a burning module in the crappy ebay laser, if you want a laser that will last way longer and be slightly brighter and safe search for the 5mW green laser module on dealextreme, But before doing so watch this: DIY: How to Modify a Green Laser Pointer into a Burning Laser - YouTube

I am aware that it is for making it a burner but you can just put a 5mw in it and it will work better. Remember to stay away from pot mods and mW is for measuring power and if those say they are 1mw and say high power they must be lieing because 1mw is not high power and they are probably all the same... oh and you will only see the beam in complete darkness or night unless you get a higher power one but if you get a higher power one only use it at the sky not in the house because you could burn your retinas out. Also if you are gonna get a more powerful one make sure you buy green laser protective goggles from somewhere like o-like or dragonlasers NOT EBAY OR DEALEXTREME! YW for advice! :)

Thanks, it's not for burning. If 5 mW is already dangerous at house, then I think 1 mW is perfect.

But which 1 mW should I buy? haha there are so many different ones, should I just buy the cheapest one or are there really some 1 mW that are brighter than others?

Cam453

1mw of 532 will be the same for all of 1mw 532 pens. However the ebay pens may come in over spec and be more than 1mw giving the appearance that it is brighter. :whistle:

1mw of 532 will be the same for all of 1mw 532 pens. However the ebay pens may come in over spec and be more than 1mw giving the appearance that it is brighter. :whistle:

Thats cool, any idea which one is overspec? Haha btw how dangerous is a 1mW really?

lol no over 5mw is dangerious 5mw is safe aswell as 1mw because your eyes can blink as a reflex fast enough for your eyes to not have permenate damage such as a blind spot or complete blindness. Ebay lasers are pretty crappy so if it ever breaks you could get a 5mw module from dealextreme that will last longer and still be safe and even know it's 5mw since you are getting it in the module not in a pen or flashlight it should cross the boarder, Sorry for my horrible explination in the other post and hopefully not this one ;)