Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which Green Laser Should I Buy?

Haha, I had no idea you could turn off streetlights with lasers. That's actually really funny. You could really scare the shit out of someone. Yowch, 2 weeks for delivery? Hmm, whatever, I can deal with it. Thanks for the advice. I think I'll get that one.

Be prepared for it to take longer (Just in case) Chinese companies tend to take a long time, but they always deliver....at least for me. :)

how come it says Note: The laser can not keep lighting for continuously 5 Minutes! on the website for buying the green laser?

Asherz

Because the diode inside the laser system requires a cool down time, when you have it on for a long time it will heat up, and will break if left on for any longer than 3-5 minutes because of the heat not being able to be drawn away from the diode.

You will not get a pointer without this kind of duty cycle for under $500, duty cycle refers to the time you can keep it on for btw :)

You could have looked that up your self using the search feature on this forum.

100$ is enough to buy a satisfactory 100mw green. even a 70 is enough for a 150mw laser pen. 80~90 for a focusable 100mw laser pointer torch, and even waterproof one.

I recommend o-like.com or rayfoss.com, they will definetely give you the most mW to $

does o-like and rayfoss have the most visibility to $ ?? (not sure if more mW means exactly more lenght, bright, etc)

by the way, anybody knows when they will get online again?

does o-like and rayfoss have the most visibility to $ ?? (not sure if more mW means exactly more lenght, bright, etc)

by the way, anybody knows when they will get online again?

Welcome to the forum..
Read all of the Stickies....or you will be bashed here for not trying to learn things on your own. People don't enjoy spoon feeding Noobs..LOL

mW is the power output of the laser. The higher the number....the brighter it will be.

As for when they will get online again....
Read this.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/why-o-like-rayfoss-many-other-chinese-sites-down-47310.html

Welcome to the forum..
Read all of the Stickies....or you will be bashed here for not trying to learn things on your own. People don't enjoy spoon feeding Noobs..LOL

mW is the power output of the laser. The higher the number....the brighter it will be.

As for when they will get online again....
Read this.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f44/why-o-like-rayfoss-many-other-chinese-sites-down-47310.html

thanks

i readed the stickies, and i read that some laser could be underspec, overspec and up to spec, but i was no talking about that. i was asking if there would be 2 "up to spec 200mw laser" that could be differences in bright, length etc.

i don't understand english very well, so i don't understand some things about IR filters in the sticky "A Guide To Buying Your First Green Laser", now i don't know if i can ask or this forum is only for laser experts...

by the way, i know that more mW means more bright, but thing about, for example, a video or photo camera. we can have a camera of 8 megapixel and another camera of 7 megapixel. well, the camera of 7 megapixel could be better (or not), but the fact is, megapixel is not the only thing to take account. mW is the only thing to to take account in laser? (i repeat, talking about up to spec, not under or over spec)

Last edited:
thanks

i readed the stickies, and i read that some laser could be underspec, overspec and up to spec, but i was no talking about that. i was asking if there would be 2 "up to spec 200mw laser" that could be differences in bright, length etc.

i don't understand english very well, so i don't understand some things about IR filters in the sticky "A Guide To Buying Your First Green Laser", now i don't know if i can ask or this forum is only for laser experts...

by the way, i know that more mW means more bright, but thing about, for example, a video or photo camera. we can have a camera of 8 megapixel and another camera of 7 megapixel. well, the camera of 7 megapixel could be better (or not), but the fact is, megapixel is not the only thing to take account. mW is the only thing to to take account in laser? (i repeat, talking about up to spec, not under or over spec)

No, it's not just meant for laser experts. This forum is for all laser enthusiasts. All are welcome. I took your question the wrong way, due to how it was written....(English barrier:))

To clarify....Most green lasers that are cheap and that are from china, usually are under-spec. Lasers from www.o-like.com are almost always to spec, which is why we all recommend them.

The laser that I recommended from Latest Quality Gadgets Retail @ Wholesale Price - BudgetGadgets.com is up to spec or at least the one that I received is. I highly recommend the 50mW model that I posted earlier.

FYI: O-like and Budgetgadgets Sites are currently down. :(

if you have a heatsink would it beable to turn on for more then 5 miniutes?

This laser actually has a pretty good heat sink on it....surprisingly good. Most cheap green lasers pointers won't run stable for more than 30 seconds. After 30 seconds their output tends decrease.

This laser will run stable for 2 min strait if not a little longer. It isn't recommended to keep it on this long though. It might decrease the laser's life.

I actually have left this laser on before for about 15 min by mistake before. It still runs perfectly today. :)

IT is typically only green lasers that cost a lot of money, that can run non-stop. This is due to the cooling technology that is involved. Some of them use a TEC (Thermo Electric Cooler) to stay cool. Some of them also have a fan system. All of this technology in a small form factor, ends up costing a pretty penny.

jasonx

For the $100 budget, you can now buy a Infiniti 35mW green laser pointer at Techlasers.com try to check their green laser pointer products.

thanks

To dmdevotee--you might consider going into your 'profie' as listing your 'home country' and it will appear in your posts so members will understand that English is not your primary language. IMO--Hz