Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which diode is it ?

Tabish

I found 3 more diodes lying around. I am sure 2 (or atleast 1) of them are the aw210 (6x) diodes.

The problem is: THEY LOOK THE SAME

I don't remember which is which. Anyway to test ?

Morgan

Wire 'em up!

Seriously though, I think there are identifying marks on them. I have seen green diamonds on the back of PHRs, black diamonds on others, and have read there are multi dimension bar codes for others. Clear, unblurred photos of any marks at all will help greatly of course ;) . No-one can help for sure without those!

M
:)

The colour, size and shape of the barcodes on the back of the diodes all help. If they're still in original heatsinks, my SF-AW210s came in a large, chunky rectangular heatsink with domed bit around the window, whereas PHRs are thinner/lighter, and GGWs are in a differently-shaped heatsink, which is harder to grip when removing it. The ribbon can also offer a hand in identifying if you haven't desoldered it.

There is a thread on here somewhere about this exact thing. I don't remember where or when, but this info. is here.:thinking: