Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which Colour Would I Get?

look at the diag.

the green beam passes through the dichro, but the red gets eflected.

if the green was to be reflected then it would be bounced off at 45 degrees and not ix with the red

andy_con said:
look at the diag.

the green beam passes through the dichro, but the red gets eflected.

if the green was to be reflected then it would be bounced off at 45 degrees and not ix with the red

ix?

So just make it simple, dichro #1 is a green one and #2 is a red one right?

no!! LOL

1 is not a dichro, its a mirror.

2 is a dichro, it lets 532nm pass straight though, but the coating on the dichro wont let 650nm through. so it reflects 650nm at 45 degrees

andy_con said:
no!! LOL

1 is not a dichro, its a mirror.

2 is a dichro, it lets 532nm pass straight though, but the coating on the dichro wont let 650nm through. so it reflects 650nm at 45 degrees

Ohh! I see.

So when a green passes through the first dichro it just goes straight through it, but when the red hits it, it doesn't let it pass through so reflects it. Got it!

So really the setup in your diagram is just one way of doing it. The mirror at number 1 doesnt really need to be there, you could just point the laser directly the way it would have been reflected?

yes thats it.

well if you have a mirror at 1, it makes it easy to aligning beams.

you dont have to but i recommend it.

andy_con said:
yes thats it.

well if you have a mirror at 1, it makes it easy to aligning beams.

you dont have to but i recommend it.

I was thinking this setup to save space, time and money. Cant be that hard to align.

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 84
well its been done, but you cant adjust the green beam if you see what im saying.

not as easy as you think, yes saves £40 but maybe not time

andy_con said:
well its been done, but you cant adjust the green beam if you see what im saying.

not as easy as you think, yes saves £40 but maybe not time

Well I was thinking I can align the green laser with the galvos and then put in the red laser and dichro. That way I only have to line up the red laser and dichro.

easier said than done, but go for it. you only learn by trying, its not a bad thing

go to B&Q and get a 90 degree brackets and cut a hole in one. thats all my mount is, is a B&Q wall bracket.

andy_con said:
go to B&Q and get a 90 degree brackets and cut a hole in one. thats all my mount is, is a B&Q wall bracket.

How did you cut the hole in it? Just drill it?

lamborgini8 said:
[quote author=andy_con link=1196188086/15#28 date=1196338916]go to B&Q and get a 90 degree brackets and cut a hole in one. thats all my mount is, is a B&Q wall bracket.

How did you cut the hole in it? Just drill it?[/quote]

yeah but with a hole cutter, as its a big hole