Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Which 1000mW Laser Should I Buy? (Lazerer)

I recently ordered the 650nm Red 200mW Laser from Lazerer and I'm waiting on it as it was shipped yesterday. After that arrives, I will be ordering a blue laser from Lazerer, and it'll be 1W or over because firstly I want a 1W laser and secondly because that's the only power they offer for blue lasers (not a bad thing at all!).

I don't know what to order though. I was originally going to get the Rifle445 with the upgrade, but then I realised that the cyber might be a better option. I'm not really that interested in getting a set of goggles with the laser, especially as I have a set of goggles that are for blue, violet and red lasers (eagle pair) therefore there would be no need to spend an extra £40 so I am a bit unsure as to which one to get.

Here's a list of 445nm - 1W+ Lasers on lazerer:

Rifle445 1W - £105.75
Cyber445 1.2W - £99.53
Stick445 1.2W - £96.42
Cyber445 1W - £87.09
Stick445 1W - £83.98

If anyone can tell me or recommend me a laser from those then that would be highly appreciated! Also any review links wood be good, videos and screen-shots e.t.c.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Lazerer's mW specifications are all up to par.. it's honestly just a matter of your own personal taste.

:)

I just ordered a stick445 1.2 from there the other day. Will let you know when/if it arrives and makes it through customs :)

Lazerer's mW specifications are all up to par.. it's honestly just a matter of your own personal taste.

:)

That's why I use lazerer :) I just want to know other people's views on the different ones, but then I suppose it's down to personal taste as you say :thinking:

I just ordered a stick445 1.2 from there the other day. Will let you know when/if it arrives and makes it through customs :)

Cool! I'm deciding between the Stick445 1.2W and the Rifle445 1W. I know you can get the stick cheaper for higher power, but I prefer the Rifle host. Let me know what you think when you get the laser, and if you can then stick some pictures up as well :D

jimdt7

Go with the rifle. It is a very nice host and it should be overspec.
I like the stick445 also but i prefer the rifle.
Dont forget to buy goggles and make a review.

Jim

Go with the rifle. It is a very nice host and it should be overspec.
I like the stick445 also but i prefer the rifle.
Dont forget to buy goggles and make a review.

Jim

Ok, thanks for a straight answer :) I've made a pledge to review all lasers I buy, so don't worry about that. And I already have (ordered) a suitable pair of goggles that fit the wavelength of this laser ;)

m0odv

I recently ordered the 650nm Red 200mW Laser from Lazerer and I'm waiting on it as it was shipped yesterday. After that arrives, I will be ordering a blue laser from Lazerer, and it'll be 1W or over because firstly I want a 1W laser and secondly because that's the only power they offer for blue lasers (not a bad thing at all!).

Here's a list of 445nm - 1W+ Lasers on lazerer:

Rifle445 1W - £105.75
Cyber445 1.2W - £99.53
Stick445 1.2W - £96.42
Cyber445 1W - £87.09
Stick445 1W - £83.98

If anyone can tell me or recommend me a laser from those then that would be highly appreciated! Also any review links wood be good, videos and screen-shots e.t.c.

Thank you!

I have the cyber 1w 445nm using 2x cr123 batteries..
Pros> its powerfull and burns quite well when focused.
Cons> None.

You can only appriciate the blue beam light more if your the veiwer at the other end.
In hindsight i would have gone for the 1w Rifle as i prefer the look of the host/housing.

P.S when you receive the red laser,could you post night shots/video of your 200mw red rifle? a focused dot over a distance? i would appriciate it.

PPS sorry i dont have a video camera to show you the 1w blue laser but over long distance a green 50mw laser is better.but if your into burning stuff a 1w 445 cyber will do just that.but dont forget goggles,,,its a must.

Last edited:
I have the cyber 1w 445nm using 2x cr123 batteries..
Pros> its powerfull and burns quite well when focused.
Cons> None.

You can only appriciate the blue beam light more if your the veiwer at the other end.
In hindsight i would have gone for the 1w Rifle as i prefer the look of the host/housing.

P.S when you receive the red laser,could you post night shots/video of your 200mw red rifle? a focused dot over a distance? i would appriciate it.

PPS sorry i dont have a video camera to show you the 1w blue laser but over long distance a green 50mw laser is better.but if your into burning stuff a 1w 445 cyber will do just that.but dont forget goggles,,,its a must.

Sure! I'll be happy to post a variety of different shots (by the way, as much as I wish it was its actually a classic not a rifle but I'll still do them :) ). I'll most likely put up a video as well, of burning, lighting matches e.t.c. As soon as I have a review up with some pics and vids, I'll let you know ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT

If you have a camera then pleeaaase upload a load of pictures of your cyber, anything from host pictures to beam shots and night shots :) :thanks:

Last edited:

0to9

Sure! I'll be happy to post a variety of different shots (by the way, as much as I wish it was its actually a classic not a rifle but I'll still do them :) ). I'll most likely put up a video as well, of burning, lighting matches e.t.c. As soon as I have a review up with some pics and vids, I'll let you know ;)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT

If you have a camera then pleeaaase upload a load of pictures of your cyber, anything from host pictures to beam shots and night shots :) :thanks:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
hope more real pics from user, too.
BTW, i am in LONDON.

I received my laser two days ago, the Classic650 from lazerer. It's a starter laser for me so I'm impressed, and the beam is really impressive for a red! Took me a little while to realise why infinite doesn't burn but I got the hang of it! There's a link to the product in my sig and I'll be doing a review pretty soon, I just need to charge my iPod as that's the best camera I have :beer:

My Stick 445 came the other day. I tossed some basic CR123's in it to see it powered up, I was impressed. The next day my ultrafire protected 16340's came. Charged those up and WOW this thing is a monster of a laser. I have burned a few things, but it's hard to do with your eyes closed looking the other way. Need to pick out a good set of goggles so I can have some fun with it.

The only thing I will mention - protected ultrafire 16340's do not fit in either the stick445 or the 100mw green I bought. You cannot fully screw down the battery cover, too tight.

Probably too late, but why not look at the lasers available for sale on the forum?