Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

where to obtain or how to constract a marking laser for tree work?

I do tree work. It would be nice to use a low power laser to discuss with customer what branches to remove, but then pull out a laser gun, and just make a burn line in the bark. That way there is no mistake as to what branch is coming down, as there is sometimes quite a few to remember. let me know what thoughts you have on this.

Razako

The low power laser to discuss which branches to remove is the easy part. Any cheapo green laser will do. Burning lines in the bark quickly would be hard though. I'd probably recommend a paintball gun or something for marking the branches.

Such a device would be tens of watts, cost thousands of dollars, would not be terribly easy to carry around, and would be a MONUMENTAL fire hazard. What are you going to do when the out-of-reach tree branches catch fire? Teleport up there and piss on it?

Be realistic, please. A laser is not the tool for this job.

what he said^^^
highly impractical..nearly impossible

Last edited:
Take a photo of the branch with the laser dot on it,. Make a little album of them and go over it with your client. Then have him or her sign off on the ones he or she wants pruned.

If you want a cheap laser to show where you're pointing, just buy one of these: Military 532nm 5mW 303 Green Laser Pointer Lazer Pen Burning Beam 18650 Charger | eBay. It is a cheap Ebay laser, but it actually is really great for sowing where you're pointing. You can even see the beam pretty well at dusk ;).

On the other hand, something to burn into a branch would cost an outrageous amount of money and it will get the cops called on you. It would be way too much of a hastle. Where are you even going to get a laser that powerful? You can't just order one off the internet. As said earlier, just mark it with some paint or something like that. You don't need a laser for that.

Last edited:
Take a photo of the branch with the laser dot on it,. Make a little album of them and go over it with your client. Then have him or her sign off on the ones he or she wants pruned.
I just came back to post the same thing.. pics on your phone-much easier IMHO

Such a device would be tens of watts, cost thousands of dollars, would not be terribly easy to carry around, and would be a MONUMENTAL fire hazard. What are you going to do when the out-of-reach tree branches catch fire? Teleport up there and piss on it?

Be realistic, please. A laser is not the tool for this job.

Good one Cyp, :crackup: I couldn't agree more. Also just noticed your rep is 911 :crackup:

Alan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 87

OVNI

Wait! 30W laser pointer for $367.16. Reduced from $3,671.60. Buy Now!

Last edited: