Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to find reliable 500mW or so drivers?

I've been looking for quite a while now, and it has come to my attention that it is particularly galling to find decent drivers for a few builds of mine. Foremost, they must all be 500mW or above (not ridiculously so please, I have no need for a 2W driver), however in the area in which they divaricate from each other is that one must be used with one 18650 (3.7V), while the other must be able to run at 7.4V (two 18650's). If there was such a driver which would be able to conciliate both of my needs, that would be fantastic. If there must be two drivers to suit my needs, so be it, and of course any suggestions are welcome. If anyone has used two 18650's in parallel with this host: Cree XML-T6 - $39.00 : Zero Lasers, that would also be a way to resolve one of my dilemmas. Please let me know if there are posts which are analogous to this one, as I would not like to displease anyone. Thank you!

The diode is a ML101U29-25 660nm 400mW.

The battery is an EagleTac 3400mAh 18650 protected 3.7V.

Last edited:

What diode? Its not the input wattage but the output of the laser diode that everyone measures. The driver and amperage off that driver will depend on your diode.

My apologies for not being specific enough. I will add a parts list to the original post.

From my research, I do not need a boost driver to run my 660nm diodes, instead I should use a linear driver. Is this correct?

Ghost8

sorry not much help noob hear, I'm also looking for a suitable driver for a Mitsubishi ML101U29-25 400mW 5.6mm 660nm Red Laser. not sure on which driver would be best to max it out to 400mw.

if i was to connect a Mitsubishi ML101U29-25 400mW straight to a battery, witch battery would be needed, so i could get the max output, just for short burst.. (without driver)

please do not necroposting( post on threads haven't been update for a long time).