Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where to buy other types of modules & drivers?

Ryo

I bought a few different gun mounted lasers and ripped them apart.  I noticed they use all used a different casing than what I'm use to seeing (Aixiz and Medirth).  Is there a place where I can buy these type of modules to house my lasers?

Also I noticed that they have a really small circuit board solder directly to the laser leads.. where do they got those, or are they custom? All of different model lasers had different drivers with a spring attached to make contact directly to the battery.

Most of those laser gun sights that I have seen are chip type laser diodes and the circuit board consists of one sm resistor, is that the type you mean? The lens holder on these is not suitable for the 5.6mm can type LD's we use.

Regards rog8811

Ryo

Nope, they are definitely a case. I've already popped a red laser diode out of one unit and replaced it with one of my sled diodes. Was pretty hard to get it out of the casing.

Here's a example.
IMG_3924.jpg

You'll notice on the bottom side of the module there's a metal cap.. well that is just a ring that pops off. then under that there's a smaller and extremely tight screw which the diode has to be press into.

Oh and the module is actually in a heatsink housing (left side) that's used to adjust the aim of the laser using screws. Here's a picture of a similiar module to what I have that I found on deal extreme.
sku_10094_1.jpg

Also notice the green PCB which is solder directly to the pins of the laser.. I wonder if there's a source for that since it would be easier for me to do this than our normal methods. Less risk of damaging wires when disassembling, etc.

you mean like a rckstr driver or a flex drive??

they are small driver that can be soldered right to the pins

These things have moved on a bit since I last played with one, :) I have not seen that style for sale anywhere. Out of interest you can fit a 16X red into the green module once you have stripped out all the filters and optics for the green.... you need to shorten it by removing a section though as the focal length is way shorter for the red.

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• green_module_001.jpg
    green_module_001.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 93

Ryo

thesk8nmidget said:
you mean like a rckstr driver or a flex drive??

they are small driver that can be soldered right to the pins

I don't think the FlexDrive pins are close enough to solder directly to the diode.. unless you use a solder glob.. then maybe if the polarity is right. It's something to think about..

The boards I see are about 60% of the size of the FlexDrive, and I've seen a few about the same size. The smaller ones were red lasers, and the same size, or bigger ones were green lasers. (I bought a few different types of lasers) All of them solder direct to all pins, whether used or not. I'm thinking those are custom jobs.. Very nice though.