Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Where to buy batteries in canada?

dtmwerks

Needing a 1x 14500 3.7v button top battery for a recently purchased laser: jlasers c3 450nm 1600mw (can't post link account too new)

anyone know best place to get it?

You could try vape shops as mentioned, also Battery Junction is a good option. I have the JLasers 1.6W 450nm and the 700mW 520nm and this is what I use with them. I've ordered all the batteries and chargers I use with my lasers from Battery Junction and have always had a great experience with them.

Ask JLasers/member "loreadarkshade" who resides in + makes/sells his lasers from Quebec, Canada if there are any good vendors within Canada to buy a 14500 Li ion battery from.
If anyone should know of sellers in Canada JLasers/"loreadarkshade" should.

Last edited:
I have asked him a couple times in our pms but he hasn't gotten back to me. Think he's busy from googling similar issues. I don't see this battery in button style on battery junction.

edit: yeah nvm apparently button top doesn't mean those dime sized battery. if anyone could hold my hand on this that'd be much appreciated, like a link. i'm hopeless. should i get a rechargable one?

I have asked him a couple times in our pms but he hasn't gotten back to me. Think he's busy from googling similar issues. I don't see this battery in button style on battery junction.

edit: yeah nvm apparently button top doesn't mean those dime sized battery. if anyone could hold my hand on this that'd be much appreciated, like a link. i'm hopeless. should i get a rechargable one?
How can you buy a laser pointer and not be able to comprehend the battery needed, especially when given a link directly to the battery needed?
14500 means 14mm wide by 50mm long rechargeable 3.7 volt Li ion battery. 14500 batteries and AA batteries are similar in size but have completely different chemistries. The 14500 battery is an AA size battery. 14500 is rechargeable. The 14500 battery voltage is 3.7v, while the AA battery voltage is 1.5v.

The link "Ears and Eggs gave you shows exactly the type of battery you need -- an unprotected button top 3.7 volt Lithium ion rechargeable 14500 battery in stock.

There are several others 14500 batteries available here:
https://liionwholesale.com/pages/search-results-page?collection=batteries&page=1&rb_snize_facet8=3.6V/3.7V (Li-ion)&rb_snize_facet5=14500

Google search "14500 3.7 volt unprotected button top battery" there are dozens of vendors selling them.

PS
Do yourself a favor and learn about the reality of lasers , laser classes, laser hazards, laser safety, and Laws, rules, and regulations. Laser pointers are not children's toys.
A 1600mW 450nm laser pointer can can cause permanent eye damage and/or blind you in less than less time than the human blink reflex of 0.25 seconds.

It is more than a good idea to look at and study the following authoritative laser safety web sites:
Laser pointer safety-best web site resource on same
https://www.laserpointersafety.com/
Laser safety facts, classes, and hazards important condensed safety info.
https://www.lasersafetyfacts.com/classes-menu.html
Laser hazard chart
https://www.lasersafetyfacts.com/resources/FAA---visible-laser-hazard-calcs-for-LSF-v02.png

Also have a look at what happened to one experienced member in less than 1 second while using a 1000mW 445nm laser. See thread: https://laserpointerforums.com/threads/hit-in-eye-with-1000mw-445nm-blue-laser.69469/

For good quality laser safety glasses/goggles at a reasonable prices see:
https://www.survivallaserusa.com/Safety_Goggles/cat1667093_1527285.aspx

I don't understand, the direct link Ears and Eggs gave you shows the 14500 button top in stock..
Exactly.
Maybe is just a troll post?

Last edited:
yes i edited that i meant i was looking for the wrong type. thanks for the links. when i see a link in a box like that, i thought it was a sig and didn't realize you linked me to the battery.

are rechargable batteries possible/worth it or no.

and yes i've been researching safety goggles. any canadian places sell them? any good ones on amazon? would these work? seem to have good reviews. i can't link but freemascot od 6+ for $50 cdn on amazon site

Last edited:
Ok, just to say you need to learn alot more about lasers.. Most newbies to the hobby do.

The 14500 battery is rechargable. 99% of the lithium batterys we use are. They are 3.7v to 4.2v batterys like Encap posted. If you are talking about the rechargable AAA and AA's at the local store, no they wont work as they are 1.2 to 1.5v. Only the pen type 532's will run on them .
You will need a charger also.
Seems your not reading fully what members are helping you with.. Its important you do..

Member "Encap" gave a link to glasses on his post, it the last one down for 'Survival Lasers" They are Eagle brand glasses.

Last edited:
yes i saw that one but it's an american site. hoping to find a canadian one as shipping is often too expensive.

are rechargable batteries possible/worth it or no.
How old are you?
Is English a second language for you that you are not very good at?

How many times do you have to be told by several members where to get a 14500 button top 3.7 volt battery and that all 14500 batteries are rechargeable Li Ion batteries?

At this point just return the laser for a refund as you have too many difficulties i.e. can't even fathom/comprehend what it is or how to purchase a 14500 battery the laser pointer you mention requires.

Last edited:
Needing a 1x 14500 3.7v button top battery for a recently purchased laser: jlasers c3 450nm 1600mw (can't post link account too new)

anyone know best place to get it?
Familiarize yourself with manufacturers and don't buy anything with the word "fire" in the name, those are always the cheapest rewraps. My favorite batteries are Samsung or panasonic.

Panasonic is king and makes batteries for most medical devices so they make most sizes and they make them well. An authentic Panasonic wrap is very plain, the text/numbers are printed using a series of dots.

Panasonic makes a 14500 so google for that specifically.

Samsung 25R is my favorite 18650 incase anyone is wondering.

When shopping the higher mAh usually manufactured for longevity, whereas the tradeoff for lower mAh cells are typically for applications of higher amperage meaning intensity. Battery life vs power basically.

Back