Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Where can I get a quality laser?

Well, it won't be that useful for long distance pointing, for burning or for visibility. I really don't understand why you're getting it at all... :-?

diachi

Has no oneever noticed the specs on the higher end reds, EG the ones from CNI or Laser Glow ? they all have beam diameters of around 6mm and Divergences of around 2-3mRad, i honestly dont get that.

But anyway you should defo cancel your order, because that laser will be useless to you, instead go to OPTO and get a nice green.

Diachi

well I wasn't aware that red has less burning power, but I got a 50mW green on the way too, my last laser was just green and I wanted something different. I might go for a blue one next.

VillageIdiot said:
To put it in perspective, my 200mW red is only about as bright as my 30mW green.  :-/

I agree, my 50 Mw green is brighter, but that is only because the eye is senstive to green, so red does not appear as bright, but my feeling red is more dangerous then green, for the simple fact red appears a lot less bright, there maybe the feeling this they don't burn as well as green due to being less bright, but do a red 200 mw burn as well as a green 200 mw?

People look at green being more powerful due to the eye sees green so well, but is not so senstive to red, which is why reds appear a lot duller, but still as dangerous.