Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

where can i find a cheap 589nm or 593nm laser

Sowee7

i would like a cheap amber-yellow laser. by cheap mean like less than $500 (before you start telling me about lasence modules or whatever, i already have 555nm, 561nm and 575nm lasers, i want a amber-yellow laser)

FAP

Try Dragon Lasers:

They show a 80 mw output module for that wavelength too, but I am not finding the price.

There are a couple of laser vendors selling them too, but both of the ones I found today I would not buy from due to over the top pricing in the past, usually 2 to 3 times higher than normal. So beware.

Sowee7

Try Dragon Lasers:

They show a 80 mw output module for that wavelength too, but I am not finding the price.

There are a couple of laser vendors selling them too, but both of the ones I found today I would not buy from due to over the top pricing in the past, usually 2 to 3 times higher than normal. So beware.
i have seen some lasers for less than 400 before, but i cant find them anymore

FAP

Yea, me either, they were small laser pointers, trying to remember the name.

I think I mentioned this many times, but CNI is not worth importing directly from anymore if you are in the USA. The import taxes are way too high - you will easily exceed $500 for a 589 nm module after shipping and taxes. They do not sell complete pointers to the USA.

There are some USA and EU re-sellers of CNI products but they can be hard to find and they are expensive, as their primary clientele are research labs and industry.
Laserglow is in Canada, but they no longer sell 594. 589 is going to be very expensive no matter where you get it. Occasionally they pop up used, but not often.

If you'd like, I can beam some of my 589 nm photons into a glass vial and ship them to you. I charge $100 per Joule. Shipping is free.

Last edited:

Encap

They are all CNI made, nobody else makes or has ever made 589 or 593.5nm modules for pointers so the "between a rock and a hard place" 589 and 593.5nm space is managed by CNI exclusively.
CNI does not even show any pointers on their web site any longer and even if they did they will not ship any to USA as of 2015 so...

Ask CNI or one of their Distributors for quote. Over 10mW is going to be more than $500 FOB China however.
Lowest price module promoted or resold anywhere is 10mW from Dragon Lasers at $400
Not sure if they would bother to order 1 piece of a different output than shown but might, you can ask for a quote.
While you are at it you can ask Lasence if they quote a special order a CNI module for you. Looks like they resell CNI lab lasers in China from the photos on their web site.
CNI Contact and 17 Distributors info is here: http://www.cnilaser.com/Contact.htm

The 589nm 5mW pen on AliExpress you already know about for $318 at the moment.
Lower price than anyone else has ever offered so...

Last edited:

Sowee7

I think I mentioned this many times, but CNI is not worth importing directly from anymore if you are in the USA. The import taxes are way too high - you will easily exceed $500 for a 589 nm module after shipping and taxes. They do not sell complete pointers to the USA.

There are some USA and EU re-sellers of CNI products but they can be hard to find and they are expensive, as their primary clientele are research labs and industry.
Laserglow is in Canada, but they no longer sell 594. 589 is going to be very expensive no matter where you get it. Occasionally they pop up used, but not often.

If you'd like, I can beam some of my 589 nm photons into a glass vial and ship them to you. I charge $100 per Joule. Shipping is free.
Who ships photons in a jar nowadays, most of the photons would be gone by the time its in my area. Have you heard of this device called a digital
Camera? It opens a portal through space-time and it can let photons go from one area to another (faster then the speed of light). just shine your 589nm dpss laser into the digital camera and it will be right at my computer! Its very useful for sending photons from one area to another especially if you have a friend that wants some 473nm photons but doesn't want to buy a expensive 473nm laser!

Sowee7

They are all CNI made, nobody else makes or has ever made 589 or 593.5nm modules for pointers so the "between a rock and a hard place" 589 and 593.5nm space is managed by CNI exclusively.
CNI does not even show any pointers on their web site any longer and even if they did they will not ship any to USA as of 2015 so...

Ask CNI or one of their Distributors for quote. Over 10mW is going to be more than $500 FOB China however.
Lowest price module promoted or resold anywhere is 10mW from Dragon Lasers at $400
Not sure if they would bother to order 1 piece of a different output than shown but might, you can ask for a quote.
While you are at it you can ask Lasence if they quote a special order a CNI module for you. Looks like they resell CNI lab lasers in China from the photos on their web site.
CNI Contact and 17 Distributors info is here: http://www.cnilaser.com/Contact.htm

The 589nm 5mW pen on AliExpress you already know about for $318 at the moment.
Lower price than anyone else has ever offered so...
Yea i know all those modules were made by cni but can you send me a link of the aliexpress pen, I might be able to take out the module or I'll just buy the dragon lasers module

Encap

Just go to the AliExpress web site and search "589nm laser pointer" only one vendor offering 589nm 5mW pens there. Good price $318 FOB China if they ship to your area.

Woud be worth a few emails to ask CNI directly and Lasence directly for a quote on 589 and 593.5 CNI modules at whatever output you want and module type you want and see what you get as a reply if you are really interested in both 589nm and 593.5nm modules.

See: http://www.cnilaser.com/Laser-Module.htm