Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

wheer to buy this laser?

JUMAN

hi,
im looking to buy a gift for someone, i dont know much about laser but really like the look of this one. Can someone please tell me where i can buy it and how much it will cost?

Attachments

• RL-118%205[1].jpg
    RL-118%205[1].jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1,166

Paddy

mistaken double post lol, thought the edit box was the quick reply box ><

Last edited:
hi,
im looking to buy a gift for someone, i dont know much about laser but really like the look of this one. Can someone please tell me where i can buy it and how much it will cost?

A 1 watt laser is not really a gift... it´s a verry dangerous toy IMO , a 5 mw red laser keychain is a gift not a class 4 laser :)

Paddy

I guess as long as you read up on lasers it wont be too bad, just make sure you have the right goggles and get the person who it's intended for to read up on laser safety.
Giving him a 1w laser may seem like a cool present, but losing his eye sight will outweigh that :p

I can not stress enough that this laser should not be given as a gift from someone who knows nothing about lasers to another person who knows nothing about lasers. This laser has the ability to be a fire hazard, a burn hazard not to mention an eye hazard. Something tells me if this laser was given as a gift several things would happen.

1. Someone is going to use it without safety glasses
2. Someone is going to burn things unintentionally
3. Someone is going to burn out the diode after using it for 10 minutes straight.
4. Every other thing imaginable when you just hand someone a 1W+ laser who has no idea how to handle them.

I am all for people getting into lasers but I see nothing but trouble coming from something like this. $0.02

DrSid

I agree .. except I don't believe this diode could be killed by 10 minutes, especially in a host like this.
Get green 5mW as a gift. It will be 1) more useful 2) wow effect guaranteed for anyone who did not have such laser 3) safer.

Paddy

I have to admit, my first laser was a spartan 1w 445.
My laser knowledge wasn't that great, but i spent about 5 hours reading up.
I guess it depends on the person, if it's someone who's eager to get into the hobby and is willing to learn it isn't too bad. But if it was just cus it's a cool thing to have right now (with all the media attention) then it's probably gunna end up bad.

I have to admit, my first laser was a spartan 1w 445.
My laser knowledge wasn't that great, but i spent about 5 hours reading up.
I guess it depends on the person, if it's someone who's eager to get into the hobby and is willing to learn it isn't too bad. But if it was just cus it's a cool thing to have right now (with all the media attention) then it's probably gunna end up bad.

I spent about two weeks reading everything on laser safety I could find... after that I didn't order for another month out of paranoia:p

Basically a laser should be treated with respect and common sense... no different than anything else.

I'll take being hit with a laser beam over being hit by a car going 40... and cars are a bit more common.

JUMAN

He already has a collection of lasers and some are more powerful so i dont think it will be dangerous in his hands. i jus just havent seen one like this in his collection so i thought i would make a nice birthday gift.

He already has a collection of lasers and some are more powerful so i dont think it will be dangerous in his hands. i jus just havent seen one like this in his collection so i thought i would make a nice birthday gift.

But has he got goggles.. and yourself?

JUMAN

he has got a pair, not me tho, im not really interested in playing with it. like i said its a gift for him.