Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What's Your Favorite Top 10 Lead Rock/Blues Guitarists

I've never torrented anything, but you meet a lot of people though record shows. Its been years for me too. I doubt anything I have is rare anymore either.

you meet a lot of people though record shows

I did a bunch of shows in Mass from 1990-1992

Ever buy from "International rarities"???? (look at my picture in the picture thread, I looked just the same with longer hair)

I did this huge "collectibles" show in Boston once, I bailed and went somewhere else.

There was a dude from Star Trek there, and it was more like a big "comicon" rather than a "record show"

I paid $100 for a table, and sold NOTHING all day.

Went to Windsor on that Sunday and made a grand.

Well of course there's always Dimebag Darrel from Pantera:

And I really like Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom:

Last edited:
I did a bunch of shows in Mass from 1990-1992

Ever buy from "International rarities"???? (look at my picture in the picture thread, I looked just the same with longer hair.

No,,,but you do look like a guy that used to sell vinyl at an indoor flea market in Derry NH. You never know though, we might have met. Its a small world. I used to frequent Second Coming records in Boston a lot, till they started selling CDRs. I think its closed now.

Steve Hackett!!

He was the lead guitar player for Genesis up to 1977 when he quit.

A far bigger loss to that band than Peter Gabriel was for sure.

But his leaving did bring us a slew of solo albums!

Maybe once or twice TJ.

gen.jpg

I still play the dog crap out of Lamb Lies Down on broadway.

1976-1977 was an awesome "era" , Phil has a better voice than peter, and to make it even better the 1976 tour had Bill Bruford on drums.

The first concert I ever went to in my life was Genesis. Probably have 10 grand tied up in singles, gatefolds, boots, laserdisks & posters.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan, but Bill Bruford is arguably the best drummer on the planet.

His work with the Fripp/Belew/Levin/Bruford version of King Crimson is amazing, the music they play allows for a more "freestyle" approach to playing.

And the things Levin does with that 10 string Chapman are impossible to describe or attach a label to.

The "union" tour that YES did in 1990 with Alan White and Bruford together on the same stage with Rabin and Howe was amazing.

I'm not a huge King Crimson fan, I know you are. My friend used to play them day and night. Dont get me wrong, they are a huge talent. Its just I can only listen to so much improv. Starless and Bible Black is my favorite tune from them. I like Yes too. I couldn't find much quality video though.

mfo

Hands down, I think Randy Rhoads was the best guitarist of all time.

Randy had some talent, but I dont think he'd make my top 20. Maybe if he was around longer.

I like Yes too. I couldn't find much quality video though.

That my friend is about to change:evil:

And I have the original reel to reel transcription from the 1978 king biscuit broadcast with live "Silent wings of freedom" on it that Chris Squire will send a shiver down your spine.

There is also a Trevor Horn concert from Japan (Unobtanium DVD) that has Trevor Rabin, Geoff Downs, Alan White, etc... way cool and HD quality.

However, Horn did assemble all the original folks together to perform "video killed the radio star"

That my friend is about to change:evil:

And I have the original reel to reel transcription from the 1978 king biscuit broadcast with live "Silent wings of freedom" on it that Chris Squire will send a shiver down your spine.

There is also a Trevor Horn concert from Japan (Unobtanium DVD) that has Trevor Rabin, Geoff Downs, Alan White, etc... way cool and HD quality.

However, Horn did assemble all the original folks together to perform "video killed the radio star"

Cool, cant wait. I gotz tinglez LOL.