Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Whats wrong with my laser? o0

Hi! :) I have a green 50mW laser from dragonlasers.com, been really happy with it. But after it have been trough my friends' pesky fingers it now looks like its become out of focus of some sort, and a halo surrounds the main "dot"... The question is: Can it be fixed somehow?  :'(

Attachments

• SSA50260.JPG
    SSA50260.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 95

daguin

kannern said:
Hi! :) I have a green 50mW laser from dragonlasers.com, been really happy with it. But after it have been trough my friends' pesky fingers it now looks like its become out of focus of some sort, and a halo surrounds the main "dot"... The question is: Can it be fixed somehow?  :'(

That looks like simply a dirty lens. First, just try blowing it off (maybe with compressed air). Then get a lens pen and gently clean the lens. If that doesn't work, it is POSSIBLE that your friend just tried to "wipe" the lens clean and scratched it, but I think it is just dirty

Peace,
dave

It might also be water, if it is you'd have to open it up and either clean it up or dry it

daguin said:
[quote author=kannern link=1231795520/0#0 date=1231795518]Hi! :) I have a green 50mW laser from dragonlasers.com, been really happy with it. But after it have been trough my friends' pesky fingers it now looks like its become out of focus of some sort, and a halo surrounds the main "dot"... The question is: Can it be fixed somehow?  :'(

That looks like simply a dirty lens.  First, just try blowing it off (maybe with compressed air).  Then get a lens pen and gently clean the lens.  If that doesn't work, it is POSSIBLE that your friend just tried to "wipe" the lens clean and scratched it, but I think it is just dirty

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Thanks ill try getting my hands on a lens pen. But if it turns out that the lens is scratched is there any way fix that? Or am I doomed? :eek:

Thanks for the help ;)

daguin

kannern said:
Thanks ill try getting my hands on a lens pen. But if it turns out that the lens is scratched is there any way fix that? Or am I doomed?  :eek:
Thanks for the help  ;)

I would have to see the actual unit, but I believe you are "borrowing trouble" before it has manifested. Use a modified Occam's Razor. Go with the easiest and simplest explanation first. Only if that fails do you go on to more involved, expensive, or dangerous explanations.

If the hoof print is found in Montana, it was probably NOT made by a zebra ;)

Peace,
dave

rkcstr

Haha, Dave.... they're always telling us in med school "don't chase zebras!"

To the OP: could always contact Dragon Lasers and ask if they can clean and check it for you, especially if you think the lens is scratched, they could probably repair it for you.

daguin

rkcstr said:
Haha, Dave.... they're always telling us in med school "don't chase zebras!"

If you are at Kansas City General, the child probably doesn't have dengue fever ;)

Peace,
dave

I have the same problem too...I think my lens are pretty scratched but is there any way to have them scratched by not touching them?