Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What's the point of a 16y/o owning a green laser pointer

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8382

lol are we all saints? no we aren't. IMO one thing is to deliberately steal from people who work hard to earn their money and another is to do what this guy did or using pirated software, or downloading music on P2P networks, or passing the speed limits, or importing illegal lasers (cough)

Stop the drama please.

@mfo: you really jump on people too fast, just my two cents (no offense)

mfo

"using" a product key without paying is stealing. there is no such thing as "borrowing" a liscence key to use without paying. its still piracy... and still stealing...

piracy is stealing no matter how you look at it and its illegal in most countries. you have no room to call anyone a thief... you stole money from that company by pirating their software...

p.s. stealing is stealing no matter what the worth. like you said "a thief is a thief"...

Piracy isn't the same thing as stealing someone's television dude. Sure they're both wrong, but it's not the same. If I steal your television, you're out the money that you worked to purchase that television. It's doesn't quite work like that when someone pirates software. Companies can only guess what they should have made, but no one will ever really know that. And yes I do realize that they do pay for time & labor to code the software but once X amount of copies of that piece of software are licensed, that investment becomes profit. Don't take that as a defense to piracy. I did say it's still wrong.

I said "used" because I did indeed make a mistake. I'm admitting that like I man. I was a teen and I made a bad decision. Am I still using that software that I should not have been using? No. Did I ever brag about it? No. Did I ever encourage others do follow in my foot steps? No.

I'm done with this thread. If you want to flame me for something I did years ago and have since rectified, then be my guest. At least I know I can sleep at night knowing I never robbed a fucking television, or a piece of candy.

P.S.
@mfo: you really jump on people too fast, just my two cents (no offense)

Yeah, I know it's a bad habit of mine. No offense taken as you're absolutely right. I've had a short fuse lately due to things going on in my life, not that that's any excuse. This forum has taken a turn for the worse though. I came here to educate myself about lasers. Now it just seems like a different forum from when I first joined.

Now that I addressed Albert's post, I'm done with this thread.

Last edited:
And even if I did steal a piece or two of candy, that don't compare with robbing someone's television dude. And also, you don't go bragging about it unless you're an avid thief who has no conscience. You're comparing a few cents to several hundred dollars. Still the same messed up principal, but a big difference.

Inflected Form(s): robbed; rob·bing

transitive verb 1 a (1) : to take something away from by force :
steal from (2) : to take personal property from by violence or threat b
(1) : to remove valuables without right from (a place)
I had every right to do what i did. I did not rob anyone. just helping you understand that what you said was wrong.
you stole their intellectual property and depending how you got it (p2p) even distributed it to others, if you get caught you would be in a lot of trouble.

D

Deleted member 8382

This forum has taken a turn for the worse though. I came here to educate myself about lasers. Now it just seems like a different forum from when I first joined.

So all this posts of yours and kiyoukan don't help ;) I'm lately avoiding to enter this "wars" but there's a point in which I can't stand myself xD

Piracy isn't the same thing as stealing someone's television dude. Sure they're both wrong, but it's not the same. If I steal your television, you're out the money that you worked to purchase that television. It's doesn't quite work like that when someone pirates software. Companies can only guess what they should have made, but no one will ever really know that. And yes I do realize that they do pay for time & labor to code the software but once X amount of copies of that piece of software are licensed, that investment becomes profit. Don't take that as a defense to piracy. I did say it's still wrong.

I said "used" because I did indeed make a mistake. I'm admitting that like I man. I was a teen and I made a bad decision. Am I still using that software that I should not have been using? No. Did I ever brag about it? No. Did I ever encourage others do follow in my foot steps? No.

I'm done with this thread. If you want to flame me for something I did years ago and have since rectified, then be my guest. At least I know I can sleep at night knowing I never robbed a fucking television, or a piece of candy.

P.S.

Yeah, I know it's a bad habit of mine. No offense taken as you're absolutely right. I've had a short fuse lately due to things going on in my life, not that that's any excuse. This forum has taken a turn for the worse though. I came here to educate myself about lasers. Now it just seems like a different forum from when I first joined.

Now that I addressed Albert's post, I'm done with this thread.

Sorry to go off of our off topic discussion, but that was your 1337th post. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.