Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What's new

Who are the sellers of drivers nowadays, after one for a Mitsubishi ML101U29-25 and how far can you push it safely ?

The last ones a bought from mohrenburg and were only about $14, that's all I was wanting to pay :)

Hi ,
If you buy a Flex drive you will have to bridge the resistors to get to that range to set it with the pot. Im not sure about the Pico but it will need to set with test load and the flex to. Innolasers have the flex but is low on stock 19.00 bucks is a good price if you order a pico plan on waiting 3 to 4 weeks to get it. Oh and Mo has been gone for a long time you can forget about that

Rich:)

Last edited:
Hi ,
If you buy a Flex drive you will have to bridge the resistors to get to that range to set it with the pot. Im not sure about the Pico but it will need to set with test load and the flex to. Innolasers have the flex but is low on stock 19.00 bucks is a good price if you order a pico plan on waiting 3 to 4 weeks to get it. Oh and Mo has been gone for a long time you can forget about that

Rich:)

Yeah, he went to become a first response or something like that

I might go with the pico drive, I'm in no rush

No, the Pico Boost won't work. The Vf of this diode is far too low. You'll need a buck or a linear, if you want to go cheap.

Innolasers sells a Groove 2 Linear driver for $10.99 each. You have to buy at least two, however, and I think you need to specify the current you want it to run at. It isn't close to the most efficient driver and I have never used one, but it is the cheapest one I have seen. You might want to ask about the current levels you can get. I'd use it with a single Li-ion battery and it will regulate until the battery drops to Vf + 1.5 volts then decrease in current until you reach Vf, where it will shut off completely. Your only other choice I can find is the Flex drive from the same company for $19.99. I'm sure there are shipping charges too. You could always build your own linear driver for way less.

Not that bothered too much about efficiency as they are only low powered cheap ld' s so I think the groove 2 might be my best bet :D

Last edited: