Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What to Look for In 16340 Cells?

Snecho

Hello everyone.

I'm purchasing a new laser at 1.6W that takes x2 16340 batteries. I know a bit about 18650s but not so much about the 16340s.

I've been looking for some very good batteries like NiteCore, AW, Efest..etc.

They all seem very similar but what I'm noticing is the different discharge rates between 4.5 and 8 amps. What kind of discharge rate should I look for?

It would also be awesome If someone can advise me if I should use protected cells or not.

Thanks!

Sorry for the multiple battery posts, I need to step up my battery game quickly and I don't know anything about these Li-Ion cells 😁

Last edited:

Just saw a Vapcell 16340 that claims 800 mAh at 7 amp discharge rate. If that is real.....WOW!

Snecho

Just saw a Vapcell 16340 that claims 800 mAh at 7 amp discharge rate. If that is real.....WOW!
YES! That's actually what I was looking at as well!

If you were looking at the ones on the LiionWS site, I asked them to add those because 16340 batteries were not an option in their menu ;)

Would that theoretically be the best 16340 cell one could buy?

Went back to look at those and at 2 amps you'd get at best 22 minutes until totally discharged. Not really familiar with this cell, so I can only go by what they are telling me.

Snecho

Went back to look at those and at 2 amps you'd get at best 22 minutes until totally discharged. Not really familiar with this cell, so I can only go by what they are telling me.
Would that be good or bad? Seems like a very nice battery from some tech reviews.