Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What one should I buy??

Hey,

Should I buy either:

1)125mW viper from DragonLasers

or

2)105mW alpha from NovaLasers???

I am intrested in Power not the price, as they are both smilor price....

Anyway, which one is best? I hear the 105mW alpha avrages at 140mW.

Is it true?

:) ;) :D ;D :mad: :( :eek: :cool: :-? ::) :p :-[ :-X :-/ :-* :'(
Lasers I have:
5mW eBay green
100mW eBay green
300mW eBay red

hashlasersdosei said:
Hey,

Should I buy either:

1)125mW viper from DragonLasers

or

2)105mW alpha from NovaLasers???

I am intrested in Power not the price, as they are both smilor price....

Anyway, which one is best? I hear the 105mW alpha avrages at 140mW.

Is it true?

Lasers I have:
5mW eBay green
100mW eBay green
300mW eBay red
only some average that high but still you can expect it to be higher than 105mW probably >110mW. also the alpha can stay on for long periods of time upwords of 5 minutes where the viper is about a minute. the alpha runs on AA batteries which last about4-5 total hours of use where the viper runs on AAA's that last about an hour.

also the alpha has a shutter to keep dust out and comes in a really nice case
DSC06471.jpg
DSC06472.jpg

Yes, but which is more powerful? Forget duty cycle and the other crap, Is the viper more powerful the the alpha????

well those are very important...if you run the viper for more than a minute or so then the power will drop significantly and it will kill the laser. the viper 125 may be more powerful than the alpha 105 but the alpha is a much better laser for burning a long time. if your just going to use it for short periods of time then the viper is good for you. if you want to burn things for long periods of time the alpha is good for you. you won't notice much of a difference in power between the 2. if a match takes one second with the alpha then it will take .8seconds with the viper.

It depends. Each laser is different, but you can expect it to be at least 120mW

ixfd64

The Alpha 105 would burn better due to its lower beam diameter (1 mm compared to 1.2 mm).

ixfd64 said:
The Alpha 105 would burn better due to its lower beam diameter (1 mm compared to 1.2 mm).
my beam diameter is .5-.8mm at the cost of a bit worse divergence than normal at 3ft the dot is about 1mm but at 40ft it's just barely smaller than a nickel
its a bit bigger than my DX20 but it burns like crazy. it can still light matches at about 4ft away and pop balloons at 10 ft. good enough for me :D

ixfd64

Wow, a beam diameter of 0.5 to 0.8 mm? That's really good!

Also, if your laser can pop balloons at ten feet, I doubt that the dot size would be "just barely smaller than a nickel" at 40 feet. A laser dot often appears larger than it really is due to the scatter. :)