Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What laser pointers are used in laser machines?

prolasercutting

Hi Guys

I am starting a new laser cutting and engraving business. Want to know what laser is used in laser cutting machines generally and companies like Trotec or Epilog make machines which support parts from China when it comes to laser pointers? I am looking for Trotec Speedy 100 and laser maintenance can be a huge ongoing investment from what I am reading? Please help guide if you own a Trotec, Epilog or Universal laser machine.

Thanks
Amit

Snecho

I would assume said companies state that information on the site. Why not ask them?

If it's a commercial laser cutter in the dozens of Watts, it's almost guaranteed to be a Co2 laser tube.

Edit: I just Googled Trotec and literally the first thing that came up is a Wikipedia article stating that they are Co2 and Fiber lasers. I then looked at the Speedy 100. It is strictly an engraver and it says right on their site that it is a combination of a Co2 and Fiber laser.

My local engineering club has an 80W general laser cutter from Rabbit Laser that can both cut and engrave.

Last edited: