Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What I've been up to in my absence

Thought I'd make a thread showing what I've been doing in my year+ absence from LPF.

So about a year and a half ago I finished a 2 year college program for Digital Media, and through the college I was given the opportunity to become an intern at the local military base, and so for the past year and a half I've been working as an Imagery Technician for the Canadian Armed Forces. Mainly what I do is photography work, but it also encompasses video, doing prints, mounting images to MDF, archiving material, and a touch of graphic design. Its a pretty cool place to work, and I get access to the massive training area to do photo and video work on stuff I'd never be allowed to get closed to any other way as a civilian. Its also very much a learning and experimentation environment, so if I come up with an idea I like to try they'll do everything they can to give me the opportunity to experiment (which is how I got access to a 60 watt Co2 laser).

And they're nice enough to let me share the images I take, so Ill show off some of what I've done this past year.

025MR1Cl.jpg

UVEoabnl.jpg

9GpR9jZl.jpg

7CvqGIzl.jpg

8w6Vx6pl.jpg

RUlfT5zl.jpg

This is just a small bit of what I've done. I've got over 13,000 photos on my work computer at this point.

Oh, and I bought a motorcycle :D

6BMykuIl.jpg

Hi,
Holy S--- B awesome job and great photos please keep up posted on your achievements .
Im so happy for you buddy , that your enjoying this line of work. Your grinning like a Cheshire Cat ear to ear.
🤘😊
Rich:)

Very nice.
Any chance they have a vehicle mounted EOD laser like the ZEUS ?

18LJ

Those are some great shots. Sounds like its been a really awesome opportunity/experience that you learned a lot from. Look forward to seeing some more of your work.