Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is your favorite laser color / wavelength?

Your favorite wavelength:

• Total voters

Encap

Huh? I never said it was it's own wavelength. What crawled up your rear end? You need to chill
LOL I though you meant single wavelength like in the OPs "Your favorite wavelength"( singular) list that has Pink Red (660-690nm) and assumed you were making a joke about it.

Sure, you probably could cobble together some combination of wavelengths that give the illusion of pink laser with time and money to burn-- like people who create the illusion of other wavelengths with RGB lasers---go for it.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Ah no worries. Yeah an rbg would be fun to make but there was a member who posted here many years ago with a pink laser and it was in a relatively compact host and it made me want one but I just never bothered to do it like many projects.

What do you see if 488 is mixed with 589? The current two most popular colors (part of the range)?

Arctos

Big fans of the lighter blue to cyan (473, 488 etc) range as it's less common but if I had to pick one colour a nice gold-yellow. 6W 577 is one of my favorites, it literally looks like painted gold light.. hard to describe. 573 is sort of pineapple yellow, bit greeny, extremely bright but only seen low power, weird colour given how close to 577 it is.
For red 620 and 660 are my favourites. Green 532 but 545 and similar are quite interesting (and vibrant).
End of the day it depends on what you want to do. When I do finally make some programming projectors for home, they will be 7-8 channel for a reason (mostly run R / G / B tied together though). Because combinations with darker or lighter reds and blues (and greens) result in different end results and gamuts.

Zone47

I like the 450 nm blue just because you can see the beam most of the time. I like the 532 nm green too because it's so bright, and then there is orange .... how long before we have orange?? That would be soo sweet! .. Lemon yellow too.

I'll get back with ya on the fav color thing .... :confused: