Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"What is what" Basic tutorial for beginners!

If it's anodized completely, then yes.

But C6 has a driver pill so you can obtain the case connection through that.

well it seemed easier if i used the anodized heatsink, mostly because i didnt understand some of the thread, mostly the diagram, like would bending case pin to negative work

anodized hs would be from SL or cajun lasers

Last edited:
If you are using C6 host, you don't need a case pin at all.

In any scenario, you can obtain the connection to the case via the pill that's in the host.

Do you have host in your posession at the moment?

no i do not have the host right now planning on ordering one soon from garoq, so if i were to use a driver that needed to be isolated from host the pill does that job? and would anything be different if i used a m140 or lpc-826, isnt the case connection the same as negative on lpc. sorry for these questions but they have not been clear to me in my reading and the threads are always too old :)

Well, once you have the host in your hands, you'll go "Of course!" and figure it all out in one second. There's little use discussing the construction plans when you don't have the host in front of you.

Why do you need to isolate the driver?
Which driver are you using for which diode?

Well, once you have the host in your hands, you'll go "Of course!" and figure it all out in one second. There's little use discussing the construction plans when you don't have the host in front of you.

Why do you need to isolate the driver?
Which driver are you using for which diode?

yes that is correct. and i think i have learned some things in between my last post :wave: so i know this is pointless but it will make it so i know what to do when i get the host and decide. so if i were to use this driver Cree Circuit Board 18V 5W for Flashlights (16.8mm*5.5mm) [LEDBRD] - $2.99 : Cajunlasers Store for an m140 build all i would need to do is hook up everything w/ module in hs and connect batts, driver would be in pill in c6 host and i'd be ready right. and for the lpc-826 i could make a ddl driver or no? i saw somewhere i need a boost driver for those, if so an explanation would be great to why! and for lpc-826 you need to isolate electricity so pill works for that and and/or anodized hs. and m140 it doesnt need to be isolated if im correct? and i also have a question about this stated on cajunlasers about the driver in link above Caution, this driver is a current source driver, (like a microboost is) and therefore you must isolate the driver negative input from contacting the diode negative input.
what does that mean, i don't see why any special practices would have to be used for this to be acheived, i may be overthinking it :thinking:
Im sorry about all of these questions i have just been lurking around a while before i joined and it seemed you would be a great person to ask.
:thanks: Justin

It means that it's not a continuous negative line driver, like DDL is.

In DDL driver, driver's negative input, driver's negative output, and diode's pin are all the same point, same line.

Here it's not the case.

445nm diodes have a negative pin isolated anyway, so you don't have to worry about that. Heatsink doesn't have to be anodized, in fact it'd be good if you obbtained the case connection through diode.

If you want red diode build, then yeah you need a continuous negative line driver, because diode's case pin and diode's negative pin are one in the same.

You can use DDL driver for that build.

It means that it's not a continuous negative line driver, like DDL is.

In DDL driver, driver's negative input, driver's negative output, and diode's pin are all the same point, same line.

Here it's not the case.

445nm diodes have a negative pin isolated anyway, so you don't have to worry about that. Heatsink doesn't have to be anodized, in fact it'd be good if you obbtained the case connection through diode.

If you want red diode build, then yeah you need a continuous negative line driver, because diode's case pin and diode's negative pin are one in the same.

You can use DDL driver for that build.

:thanks: that cleared it up more to me :yh:
but i still am unsure about some things with the ddl driver w/ red diode, i have been searching for a bit but some things i still cannot find maybe we should take this over to pm :)

Great job on this, even for us old timers that have a "crs" moment :D

:beer:

Eudaimonium- Thanks a thousand times for making this thread. I just ordered some hosts and am trying to figure out what is what so I can attempt to build something. This was very helpful.
Cheers

Wow I forgot about this thread. I'm glad it's still helping people out.

Hmm the link to Cajun lasers store isn't working anymore. I should replace that...