Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

what is the laser used in observatories?

BobMc

Repping is screwy on mobile anyway. I have to long tap the rep button and open the rep menu in a new tab to do it. :beer:

In order to rep with a comment I have to do the following:
Click the button and then can type one character. I then have to click off and reposition the page and click again. And there you are, I can now type and rep. :p

It is a pain, but it works on iPhones.

Thanks gentleman, I've struggled with it before. With no joy. I'll walk step by step Curtis and if I can you'll be the first one I rep! :thanks:

I seriously do appericate the input. I tried and tried always crashed and burned. But if there's a way it be great. :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Oh, something I forgot to think of. What mobile browser are you using? I’ve got chrome, so am not using Safari. Anyway you’re welcome. :)

Last edited:

BobMc

Oh, something I forgot to think of. What mobile browser are you using? I’ve got chrome, so am not using Safari. Anyway you’re welcome. :)

I think it google? I couldn't figure out where in setting it tells me. Any chance you might knoe?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Do you click on an icon with a compass on it to get to google? If so then you use the default Apple browser Safari.

BobMc

Do you click on an icon with a compass on it to get to google? If so then you use the default Apple browser Safari.

No I don't click on the compass. Probably Safari than? I'll still walk though your step and hope for the best. :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
What does the icon look like that you click to get to the internet?

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
:crackup: Lol, ok. :D Safari it is. I’ll have to play about with LPF using Safari and see if I can figure it out for you. :)

BobMc

:crackup: Lol, ok. :D Safari it is. I’ll have to play about with LPF using Safari and see if I can figure it out for you. :)

Thanks Curtis I appreciate it. I'll try your steps and give it a go. Hopefully. :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well, I tried but I can't get anywhere. All because I've hit my 24 hour limit. :D
If I can't rep then I can't test. :rolleyes:
I'll try again for you when I can actually rep, and then I'll show you hopefully.

BobMc

Well, I tried but I can't get anywhere. All because I've hit my 24 hour limit. :D
If I can't rep then I can't test. :rolleyes:
I'll try again for you when I can actually rep, and then I'll show you hopefully.

No worries, I'm going to work on it later tonight when I get some free time. Hopefully one of us will have some success. :)

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Well, I'm left a bit confused now. I just repped you Bob using Safari with absolutely no problems. The input box remained for me to type more than one character unlike Chrome. And the only thing I noticed is that you must keep the box on the screen static. Don't scroll. Is your phone up to date with all of its software and app updates? You should be on iOS 11.0.3 now.

Safari is only updated when the iOS is updated. So I will advise you to check for any software updates on your iPhone.

To get to software updates click on Settings (Gears icon), then scroll down until you get to General and press. And then you should see Software Update.

If you are up to date, then you may need to clear cache from your browser.

Last edited:

BobMc

Well, I'm left a bit confused now. I just repped you Bob using Safari with absolutely no problems. The input box remained for me to type more than one character unlike Chrome. And the only thing I noticed is that you must keep the box on the screen static. Don't scroll. Is your phone up to date with all of its software and app updates? You should be on iOS 11.0.3 now.

Safari is only updated when the iOS is updated. So I will advise you to check for any software updates on your iPhone.

To get to software updates click on Settings (Gears icon), then scroll down until you get to General and press. And then you should see Software Update.

If you are up to date, then you may need to clear cache from your browser.

It says my software is up to date at 10.3.3. I still havn't had the time to try your step by step but will. Hopefully it's operator error not mechanical error. But I'll let you know what I find.

Edit; that's too weird. I just rep'ed you and it went through. I've tried a bunch of time before and it just froze. All is well that ends well, so thanks for your help. :bowdown: :)

Last edited:
Yeah, those guide star lasers are incredible, incredibly expensive as well. DPSS lasers are expensive at high powers, especially with lesser used wavelengths.
I wonder if there ever will be a commercial use for yellow diodes. I think RGB covers all the bases needed for display tech, can't think of any other use that would justify mass production. Actually, I'm not even sure if any yellowish wavelengths are possible in a diode.:anyone: