Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is the current most strongest Infrared laser diode?

rajhlinux

Hello,

What is the most powerful infrared (≥ 800nm) laser diode and also which manufacturer makes them?

I'm checking at "civil lasers" website and currently the most powerful Infrared diodes they have are only 1 Watt:

I would like to use them as laser pointers.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Last edited:

I assume you mean to use an IR pointer with your night vision equipment ?
If so you don't need the strongest possible, what you want is a beam with good divergence.

Look at this offering, ignore the 1mw rating, it draws 280ma @ 3.7v so output is likely 100-200mw +/-

Remember to lase safely, never point any laser at people or pets, windows or any vehicles.

rajhlinux

I assume you mean to use an IR pointer with your night vision equipment ?
If so you don't need the strongest possible, what you want is a beam with good divergence.

Look at this offering, ignore the 1mw rating, it draws 280ma @ 3.7v so output is likely 100-200mw +/-

Remember to lase safely, never point any laser at people or pets, windows or any vehicles.

Thanks for the reply and info.

Its for a custom project and it needs to be at least 1-3 watts of optical power.
Used in a special CNC project and not related for night vision.

I see that ODIN lasers are selling one for $700 for an 808nm 3 Watt and not sure if it is legitimate and what type of IR laser diodes they are using:

Nuguns

thers more affordable diodes here, I havent bought any idk if theyre reputable teclulu.com; use paypal

1W 808nm, 830nm 210mw, 940nm 700mw; all under 15$
Maybe ebay sifting will turn something nice up

What is the project

Last edited: