Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

What is the chance of your laser being confiscated by customs?

On most orders over a certain amount, lazerer does actually always use tracked airmail.

It's worth shooting Max a PM or email to see if he has one. Typically lazerer shipping is very fast by chinese standards.

On most orders over a certain amount, lazerer does actually always use tracked airmail.

It's worth shooting Max a PM or email to see if he has one. Typically lazerer shipping is very fast by chinese standards.

Thanks. I didn't know that! My order was about $180 so I will shoot him a email and see if he has one. :wave:

Have you contacted Lazerer?
I noticed on their site you can get tracking for $1.99 and if you have not received your item to contact them.
So I would contact them, I have heard that they are really good to deal with.

Good luck!

(edit) I have had packages from Hong Kong take 3 to 4 weeks to deliver.

Last edited:
I just sent him a email just now being as polite as possible to elicit the proper response. Nothing worse than someone shooting you an email with something like, "Hey guy! wheres my crap it has been like a month!" (In actual fact it was more like 10 days and the item was paid for at 9pm on a Friday and its a long weekend.)

Yea I used to run a eBay store from my old employer... approx $5,000 a month in business. It got old fast! lol.

I appreciate all the feedback I'm getting from you guys. Really makes me feel better. Although If it does get seized at customs I will have to put on my businessman hat and phone them everyday for the next 10 years minimum. I am on VOiP phone network. :evil:

Last edited:
It is always better to start out nice, if that doesn't get results then get nasty!

So what is the chance of the laser being confiscated? and is there any way to prevent it? i want to buy this laser : Power Rock 1W Blue laser torch /Focusable/ waterproof [OL-PRBL1000] - $152.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

I heard you can order it in 2 parts but how do i tell them to do that? and what shipping option is better DHL or EMS? i heard EMS was more reliable but im not sure.

I can help with that but not if you cant put your location in your profile--sorry

Hak in Texas

edit

My contact in China will only ship to me via DHL express. On some boxes I was able to get the tracking number before he was( his clerk did the shipping errands) I just called the 800 # for DHL express and they gave me my tracking info and numbers.
Interesting thing he asks me to only ship to him with USPS/EMS Express..

Not using Express , if you ship enough stuff will someday cause you to regret not paying the added cost...Its more about safe shipping and unpened boxes than the quick delivery time. my 2 cents

hak

Last edited:
Ack! :( Not news i wanted to hear about Canadian customs. I think its pretty stupid, why can i order glass paraphernalia online and have it go through without any hassle, but something as mundane as a laser pen gets confiscated.... :banghead:

I just got my rifle532 in the mail on saturday. I like in BC so itwould have gone through vancouver customs it was declaired as a flash light 32 dollars. No problems just long shipping.

Well thats good news... Ha, it almost sounds like it all depends on who happens to be working that day... How long did it take in total?

Well there is the Shambhala in the Tibetan spiritual sense, or there is the Shambhala Music Festival In the forests of BC. Its Canada's premier electronic music festival. Big bass, multiple stages... I would look it up, its a 5 day long, 10,000 strong life changer ;)